Pair of 2021 recruits lock in official visit dates

Virginia will host two top recruits from the class of 2021 for official visits on the weekend of November 9th.

Peyton Watson of Long Beach Poly (CA) announced his visit plans on twitter this afternoon. The 6’7 guard has already taken official visits to Arizona and Washington. He holds other offers from Oregon, USC, and Maryland.

Versatile forward DaRon Holmes of Millennium (AZ) confirmed a Cavs Corner report that he’ll also visit that weekend. “I can’t wait!”, he replied via Instagram direct message. Arizona, Marquette, Kansas, and UCLA are among the others involved with Holmes.

Virginia currently has four scholarships available by 2021. Holmes is the most recent recipient of an offer. Watson hasn’t yet claimed one. UVA’s home opener is on Sunday November 10th against JMU, presumably with both talented recruits in attendance.

3 Likes

I’m disappointed and impressed at the same time that 100 views in and not a single Sherlock joke.

2 Likes

That’s levitation, Holmes.

2 Likes

Quality first post, Dan.

2 Likes

Gotta think he’s a big Arizona lean?

1 Like

I don’t think either of them are far enough along to lean anywhere. Watson will be tough to get out of SoCal. Holmes would fit UVA really well, who knows where his recruitment will go. It’s all just in the getting to know each other stage for UVA. Bennett hasn’t gotten involved yet.

1 Like

We secured visits with two top 30 kids from the west coast and Bennett hasn’t gotten involved? Can you expound? Meaning just assistants have visited and CTB has been limited to calls?

Also anything new on the Moody front?

1 Like

Correct. They’re very purposeful with who Bennett goes to see after offering. No nothing new on Moody. He’s looking for the safest 1-2 year path to the NBA. Pure career decision. Odds aren’t great of pulling it off but it says a lot about how much perceptions of UVA have changed. No way we get a foot in the door at this stage with someone like him in the past. Actually I don’t think we’ve won what I would consider a competitive recruitment with a Fall offer to a senior. Akil, Teven, Kihei. That’s it.

1 Like