**Positive** Transfer Portal Thread

Those absolutely were absent

I would also add

-Versatile defender at the 3 or 4
-Someone who can create their own shot (watching the Kansas Miami game, someone like McGusty on Miami)

What’s actually helping us with Fardaws is that neither Kentucky nor Gonzaga have clarity at the 5 spot. Both Timme and Tschwibe are mulling over returning, according to their boards

1 Like

Our system needs to put a big man in the league soon. We attract certain types of PGs who can look at Brogs and Ty. Shooting guards can look at Kyle. Wings can look at Klay, and it seems like all of them get shown video of Dre. But we haven’t attracted a top 50 big, and it’s pretty obvious why. Bigs spend a ton of time screening and we don’t feed the post well. We need to break the narrative, even if it’s taking a transfer who Curtis turns into a physical beast and we feature on offense.

4 Likes

First name Isaac. Last name Traudt. :wink:

3 Likes

Jay and Mamadi have both made the league in consecutive years

1 Like

Pretty sure he’s looking for someone who starts/gets consistent playing time (Hunter, Brogdon, Harris, etc)

3 Likes

Fardaws is a center version of Jayden but also stronger rebounder and outside 3pt shot. Can atleast show that a big can play right away in our system.

2 Likes

I should have qualified by saying a back to basket type BIG. Bacot-type. Or David M for Kansas. Both considered us, but you knew it wouldn’t happen.

3 Likes

I mean, how many of those guys even are there in the NBA anymore? A pure big who does shoot at all? Gobert, Kevon Looney, Clint Capela, Montrezl Harrell, Bam Adebayo, Sabonis, Jakob Poetl are some of the only ones I can think of

2 Likes

Rob Williams, Mitchell Robinson

1 Like

Law of Muss: If there is a transfer, and they are alive then that transfer is 3 days away from a zoom call with Eric Musselman. I have yet to see one of these tweets without Arkansas for the last two weeks. I like how the tweet implies that Arkansas is just now reaching out to transfers lol

3 Likes

Muss talked about skipping HS recruiting altogether and taking all transfers at Arkansas. He pretty much did that at Nevada. It works for him, so good for him.

5 Likes

Likely indicator for what people have been saying- McCorkle wiped UVA from his IG bio.

8 Likes

Least surprising out-transfer news in the past decade. Or at least since JAR did the same a year ago.

3 Likes

But then he nabbed four (I think) top 100 recruits in 2022.

1 Like

Is there a way to see what it looked like before? Or just from memory? Your post caused me to check another insta bio for panic purposes and also no mention; just don’t know if it’s a change.

Looked briefly at the Bama board (they’re an arrogant bunch) about Llewellyn‘a visit and of course the take is he’s there’s if they want him but they are waiting on plan A guy to enter soon.

SEC all-freshman Devin Carter is in the transfer portal.

Carter, a 6’3” guard averaged 9 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 1.8 assists per game on 42% shooting for South Carolina this past season.

Wildens Leveque

hmmm … I seem to remember another South Carolina dude that transferred to UVA …
hmmmm

1 Like