Power Gertrude, and Elmarko

hahahahahahah well… length is all the rage in hoops these days so

2 Likes

There’s at least one team out there that’s all about girth

4 Likes

We have Taine, Bond and Dunn all playing the wing or hybrid-4. That’s not exactly a clear path to PT for anyone, including Power.

1 Like

How does this scenario play out if Franklin returns for his Covid year? McNeely, possibly Gertrude, Franklin all SG’s, then you have Bond, Power, Dunn, and Taine. 7 kids for 2 spots, almost 3 spots if you include the PF position in which Traudt plays as well. We are loaded but can all these kids manage the tight minutes?

No way we have Taine, Bond, Dunn, and Armaan on the roster next year

6 Likes

I actually think this years roster is crowded. hows that grab you…

5 Likes

I agree - it is especially crowded with bigs. I also think it is fine to have some churn these days with the new world transfer portal order

When talking about the team I forget about dudes and then am like Oh wow true we have Jayden and whoever still. Jay Willy said tough job for TB this coming season

4 Likes

I think having experienced starts plus newbie reserves could be the sweet spot. No offense to anyone on the roster but we have some guys who are experienced but maybe not as long term good as the new guys. I mean we have 5 guys (Jayden, BVP, Shedrick, Caffaro, and Traudt) who can really only play the 4 and the 5. It puts the coaches in a true pickle

Covid year killed us and Italy trip will save us. Bumper sticker that shit

11 Likes

Just need 2 of the 4 first years to work out. We can’t go sub 50% again. Out of Casey, McKoy, Shedrick, Reece, McCorkle, JAR, Igor, and Taine, we have been at quite the talent dearth. Hopefully we have better identified talent and it will stay with us this time

2 Likes

Way too early to say. But on paper the path looks far more clear than for other teams. Taine who didn’t play much last year and has question marks about his quickness and shooting, Bond who will likely redshirt, Dunn who is a late riser and still in development. You compare that to UNC and Duke who have multiple 4 and 5 star studs at the 3 and 4.

3 Likes

From what I know and have seen we went 3.7 for 4 with this most recent class. Will be fine I think

8 Likes

OK, but I don’t think anyone outside of UVA will get it.

11 Likes

which makes it perfect. Thanking you

1 Like

Any intel from summer league tonight fresh?

Yes yes. Eli’s team beat St Peters Prep by 10 or so (my oldest played soccer at St Petes P). Elijah was solid Made a couple threes and pull ups and drives. BUT he also caught an underthrown oop on the break at his hip and absolutely flushed it down. The athleticism is astounding

Finals tomorrow against a very good team. We will pre game and be there for sure

Edit: Fresh was in an long sleeve oranger than orang Virginia shirt at the gym entrance for all to see

37 Likes

Surprised @AnonymooseHoo and the other members of the Ryan Dunn bandwagon haven’t already jumped on HGN’s TWO really good freshman guards comment. Throw in Fresh’s 3.7 comment and you guys are looking pretty smart right about now.

9 Likes

I’ll admit I totally missed the HGN comment

Ryan Dunn = GOAT

5 Likes

Yeah, @Hoos9412 which comment was that?