Pre-season 2022

https://virginiasports.com/news/2022/09/12/blue-white-scrimmages-set-for-saturday-oct-15/

10 Likes

Time flies. Feels like just Yesterday I was complaining about us not streaming last year’s scrimmage. To be fair it could have actually been yesterday I did such

14 Likes

I also thought Kody didn’t want to be reshirted, even if he wasn’t going to play much.

2 Likes

Ah, they’re having the scrimmage during the football team’s bye week, so even fewer people will be around for it. I love that we are very slowly transforming this into an event where they play in near total darkness at 4:00am and fans can only watch through a small porthole window for no more than 3 minutes at a time.

I’m half kidding, of course. Maybe it’s nice they have the weekend to themselves? Whatever, I might try and be there.

5 Likes

Apologies to Douglas Adams

“But Mr Dent, the Blue-White scrimmage plans have been available at JPJ for the last nine months.”
“Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn’t exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything.”
“But the plans were on display …”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard’ .”

7 Likes

You might be right, idk. Just repeating knowledge that HGN dropped on us back in 2019: Jeff White story on Kody Stattmann - #10 by HoozGotNext

2 Likes

@NakedIcarus @Zionhoo

What are your stories as OG LRA members? And what are your thoughts on redshirts?

It’s really gonna hurt when they start streaming the women’s game and then cut the feed right as the men’s game tips.

9 Likes

On the plus side, hotels will be way cheaper since it isn’t during YAR weekend

2 Likes

Thought briefly about making the 200 minute drive until I saw I have 2 soccer games for the kids that day

2 Likes

Why isn’t it the Blue-Orange scrimmage (and I’m serious)? If someone asked you what colors UVA was, you would never say Blue-White.

6 Likes

WWTBD?

2 Likes

Because the two jersey colors they use are blue and white. TB’s a two jerseys-only kind of guy.

I get that a little bit. It’s basically home and away. (and that will be the last time I defend the monstrosity that is the way Tony treats this event)

1 Like

I don’t know many of the other sports jerseys as well as I should. Do any other UVA sports teams shun orange as thoroughly and completely as UVA basketball?

1 Like

Same with me. Would have been a great weekend except for my son’s soccer match.

1 Like

To be frank … no. and not even close:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1568710678588043265

https://twitter.com/i/status/1566159647295393794
Cross country:

4 Likes

We should have the complete schedule today:

5 Likes

Nice. I’m glad we’ll have something else to talk about. Even I get tired of complaining about our program’s indifference to fan service.

3 Likes

I always assumed it was blue white because it’s sponsored by Pepsi

10 Likes