PREDICTIONS for final ACC STANDINGS 2023

Here is my prediction for final ACC regular season standings…hope I’m wrong. I truly feel UNC beats us twice however if we can reverse that and win both I think we could be the regular season champs.

Whats your prediciton?

1. UNC
  2. PITT
  3. UVA
  4. CLEMSON
  5. MIAMI
  6. DUKE
  7. NC STATE
  8. FLORIDA STATE
  9. SYRACUSE
  10. WAKE FOREST
  11. VA TECH
  12. NOTRE DAME
  13. BOSTON COLLEGE
  14. GEORGIA TECH
  15. LOUISVILLE
1 Like
1 Miami 15-5
2 UNC 15-5
3 UVA 14-6
4 Clemson 13-7
5 Duke 12-8
6 Pitt 12-8
7 WF 11-9
8 VT 11-9
9 NCSU 10-10
10 ND 9-11
11 FSU 9-11
12 Syracuse 7-13
13 BC 6-14
14 GT 5-15
15 UL 2-18
1 Like
1 UVA 15-5
2 UNC 14-6
3 Miami 14-6
4 Duke 13-7
5 Pitt 13-7
6 Clemson 12-8
7 WF 11-9
8 VT 11-9
9 NCSU 10-10
10 ND 9-11
11 FSU 9-11
12 Syracuse 7-13
13 BC 6-14
14 GT 5-15
15 UL 1-19
1 Like

Wow we are pretty close.

That may be because I copied all of the bottom 8 teams :sunglasses:

1 Like

I really think Pitt wins the ACC. They’re experienced, tough, shot makers and play hard til the end. Back to back double digit deficits to come back and win.

I think NCState is better than their current ACC record. Duke is just terrible. They’ve digressed, that Proctor kid is bad, they can’t shoot. Ryan Young May be their best player.

1. PITT
  2. UVA
  3. MIAMI
  4. UNC
  5. NC STATE
  6. DUKE
  7. CLEMSON
  8. SYRACUSE
  9. WAKE FOREST
  10. FLORIDA STATE
  11. VA TECH
  12. NOTRE DAME
  13. BOSTON COLLEGE
  14. GEORGIA TECH
  15. LOUISVILLE
1 Like

One could have said the same about us after our Weekend in Vegas. I’m going to question if their performance lately could be an anomaly.

Miami
UVa
Pitt

1 Like

I think Pitt is a legit team and not just because they beat us. Wins against us and UNC at home, @ NC STate and blowing out a good Northwestern team on the road plus winning @ Syracuse which is always tricky are nice wins.

With that said, I am not sure they win the league but they have a great shot to get a double bye, but they have to hold up the whole season which is a grind. After todays game at home vs Clemson they have 3 roadies in a row all winnable but also every road game is losable. @ Duke, @ GT, @ UL. If they win today they have a great shot to be 3-1 over the next 4 and be 7-1 in the league. However, this can be where teams get exposed as well. So we shall see.

1 Like

Also isn’t Pitt set to get Huguely back at some point? That guy is a stud in the post. Really the only thing they’re lacking right now

2 Likes

The way they got to the basket against us he would proly clog the lane for them at this point! Get it?

2 Likes

I thought Federiko was pretty solid against us. 8 pts, 11 rebs, 6 on offense. Hughley might clog things up a little more for them.

Also, they are 4-0 currently against the 3rd (Torvik) or 2nd (KenPom) most difficult ACC schedule so far. Torvik also has their remaining conference schedule the easiest, so if they can maintain their level of play, they will definitely be a factor in the end.

3 Likes

Agreed. Federiko is a better fit with their main guys, they have shot-getters already in Hinson and Burton, and Hugley doesn’t give them rim protection.

4 Likes

I like the exercise- but frankly reserve any optimism for Pitt (and Clemson for that matter) to be top 4 by end of the year. Tons of road games left for both teams.

Still think we are a very safe bet, as well as UNC once they likely round into form. Duke seems suspect.

I’ll go this, for double byes: NC St, UVa, Miami, UNC. Maybe Duke

Double byes: Virginia, Clemson, Pitt, Miami. A scrappy UNC club might crash the party. Duke will not.

2 Likes