Preseason Thread

Maaaan, an 11:30 AM Friday tip? And f#$ing Flosports for the Wednesday game??

IDK, I am super grateful for BBall and cannot wait to watch again, but, Flosports? LOL

Is there any way that can change between now and the 25th? Doubtful but Hoo knows.

As weird is this may sound to some of you, and as normal as it may sound to some of you, basketball is legit an anti depressant for me. So IDK, I just may wind up being a sucker who pays $30 to watch one game. Lord knows I’ve spent $30 on shit way dumber than that when I was younger :rofl:

I wonder if FloSports allows for multiple streams from different devices… that would be much more tolerable if I can split it with a friend or two and pay $10 or $15 instead.

5 Likes

I feel the same way you do. UVA basketball is my therapy and my passion. I’m fighting with myself over having to pay 30.00 to watch the game. I have a good idea what I end up doing

3 Likes

From one Hoo junkie to another…I get it, but no way in hell I’m paying $30 for one regular season game that I’m not watching in person.

Whatever business or contractual decision made this happen was either made or written by an idiot.

2 Likes

You know UVA-Chaminade wasn’t televised either…

3 Likes

There will be 0 insight into anything in this game. Also good luck of canceling after subscribing. I cant get out of The Athletic or ESPN

2 Likes

I actually already have FloSports… will provide live analysis on here for those who don’t/aren’t going to purchase it.

7 Likes

Does that guy on The Sabre still do streams? Last time I checked his setup had gotten so complicated to get around being caught that every game came with an instruction manual to get to the proper link. I gave up trying to figure it out.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. Absolutely appreciated the effort, but good Lord man, by the time I figured it out, the season, not the game, was over.

3 Likes

Hopefully there will be streams of some kind. Probably not allowed to post them here but someone will pull through somewhere

1 Like

UT Martin coach Anthony Stewart died today. No mention on cause of death from what I’ve seen.

This Uh interesting. Like one big high school tourney

2 Likes

Greensboro?

3 Likes
3 Likes

Would think for the first two rounds they will extend out to Bloomington and West Lafayette too.

1 Like

Indiana is allowing 25% attendance for indoor sports. This could be potentially awesome. Need 4 sites the first weekend then you can use Lucas Oil for the S16 and on. Colts are allowing 12,500 per game which is pretty good considering circumstances.

A couple of random thoughts:

1. Maine is the obvious choice. Connected to continental US, among the least affected by COVID (to date - praying it continues), and zero accusations of home court advantage for any team conceivably involved unless the Black Bears go on a historic run, in which case they damn well deserve it! You may say “But there’s no appropriate facilities and March is literally the worst month of the year in Maine as it’s just 39 degrees and mud” and to that I say it’s a strange year and you should learn to accept that!

2. I like to imagine this like an AAU tournament where it’s six courts next to each other with simultaneous games and I can hear whistles from the next game over while watching the broadcast for the UVA game. Maybe an errant ball will come flying in from the next court during a critical possession. Maybe for the play-in game participants, the team they play in the round of 64 is literally standing on the sideline and the play-in game is to see who holds the court and they just play the next game immediately afterward. There are so many possibilities.

3. If it’s only a couple courts and they can’t do all the simultaneous games they normally do in the first two rounds, I would accept having basketball on 24 hours a day for a few days. I will take off work and load up on caffeine to watch South Western Missouri State College of Indiana get decimated by Villanova at 3:30am.

6 Likes

Your last point reminded me of the college tip off marathon. I’m sad they don’t do that anymore

3 Likes

I forgot about that loved that concept. Also miss the Big Sky Mondays I think it was. 1130 tips from Gonzaga and St Marys

3 Likes

Im so starved for basketball I am watching scrimmages from other teams where you can’t even gain anything because you aren’t sure if it’s good offense or bad defense.

3 Likes