Preseason Thread

3 Likes

Has TB ever been happy with the defense at the beginning of the season? I love that he sees the 2018-2019 team as having been unable to win games with their defense; they were probably like the #9 defense in the country by the advanced metrics, but that indeed would be the 8th-best (out of 11) defense for a TB UVA team.

3 Likes

The random mention of Shedrick alongside Hauser?

Been thinking the same thing. Besides, defense really shouldnā€™t have to win games this year. As long as theyā€™re relatively competitive to past Bennett teams (which, is a very good d obviously), theyā€™ll be fine. Weā€™ve got the offensive talent to make a run.

1 Like

Both coming off a redshirt year is probably the connecting thread.

1 Like

Agree that redshirting is the common thread. Hope Shedrick has a good 1st year, but based on comments by the players and coaches, particularly Tonyā€™s comment that heā€™s a little behind because of a mono-like illness in the preseason, Iā€™m not expecting a big contribution this season.

I think he was originally setting streams up and helping people overseas - thatā€™s what I felt trying to navigate all the links and technical stuff.

Then the ACCN came along and more people wanted to figure it out.

I found one for football, which will hopefully have a basketball channel, too. [edited to remove the site since I panicked it might be called out]

Not sure if it will have this dumb Flosports though.

2 Likes

What Iā€™m hearing is Sam Hauser will have a Jimmy Chitwood moment in Hinkle Fieldhouse.

This is what Iā€™m gonna look like. And someone will need to explain all this to @JoeBoxley

FelineBriskKatydid-small

8 Likes

But no one here liked that movie

Iā€™ll make it

I play, coach stays. He goes, I go.

ā€œI want a recountā€

2 Likes

Is Jimmy Chitwood a character from Hoosiers?

haha He was

1 Like

Gotcha!

I was sitting here banging my head on the wall trying to remember where I knew that name from

1 Like

I may have to watch it again to confirm I didnt like it ha. Always Remember the Titans

3 Likes

Since we are talking Big Screen. Cory Alexander is hosting something on FS1 about some EYBL players

3 Likes

For everyone bitching about what station the Maine game will be on. Im pretty sure the ACCN will play the replay. So watch it when its replayed. There are more crazier things tu get upset about in this world. My man son got shot in the head and died. My good friend had a blood clot in his lung and died. My friend niece was sexually assaulted 8ft from their apt door. My dad still struggling after having covid. Im pretty sure they will replay the game. If not, the next game is televised.

1 Like

Tu is back

2 Likes

I didnt know I was gone. LOL

1 Like

I was thinking about you today my man is all.

This is pretty good. Making me realize what was missed this summer though damn.

1 Like