Preseason Thread

I feel like Trey could have played in the game, put up a double-double and have just finished the player portion of the post game interview and, if Tony were asked about it, he’d still pivot to a vague non-answer.

10 Likes

Agree on Tshiebwe love as well…

2 Likes

Anonymous ACC player poll. Kihei, Jay, and Tony got some love. Kihei was voted the hardest player to score on and the player that they would want to play with. Jay also received votes in the same categories. Tony in a 3-way tie for 2nd with Roy and Hamilton for which coach they would most want to play for. (Behind a paywall btw) Pretty cool little poll, I would recommend checking it out if you have a subscription.

4 Likes

A couple of interesting waivers were made public today that would maybe provide some optimism about Murphy’s status/situation.

First, Drew Peterson, who was a teammate of Murphy’s at Rice last season, was given a waiver to play right away at USC. So it would seem that Rice wasn’t uncooperative in that situation.

And second, Jamarius Burton was given a waiver to play right away for Texas Tech after transferring from Wichita State. Like Murphy, he transferred with the intention of redshirting this season but given the free year of eligibility and Covid concerns he sought and was granted immediate eligibility.

I’m not expecting any official word from UVa about Murphy’s status but based on all of the evidence I continue to expect to see him play this year.

3 Likes

Who was the first coach that people would want to play for? Roach K???

Good stuff. I’ve talked myself into that this is happening and we’re all stealth mode for Florida. Make them crunch Maine tape and a 48hr turnaround to worry about Trey.

2 Likes

Coach K by a wide margin. (11 for coach K and 2 for Tony)

Yep – Coach K got 11 votes.

Well when you’re young you make a lot of mistakes and the wisdom hasn’t kicked in yet :joy::grin:

4 Likes

Like every other streaming service (especially since they are trying to break into the market), why don’t they offer a 7 day free trial?

4 Likes

Love it Doug as a T.C. Williams Titan graduate. Way later than when the movie took place, though. Won’t ruin much but the city is just now allowing Friday night lights for whenever sports start back up. Did not have Friday night games back then.

1 Like

Seth Greenberg is correct about UNC. Its one of the top front courts in years.

1 Like

Only if yall knew about Tshiebwe path tu West Va. A very interesting recruitment story. I love his game TU!!!

1 Like

only because you have to play defense for Tony :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same as Konate… but do tell…, same family “doubled” down with Konate then Oscar…

1 Like

No option for a free trial… I looked. :frowning:

1 Like

Good thing that 4 posts are unlikely to play at the same time!

1 Like

There’s a post on the Sabre from someone claiming to have chatted w Trey Murphy’s uncle, synopsis is what we think is going on and they expect to hear this week. Oh and that Sam is the best shooter Trey has seen in cbb

5 Likes

Yea I think Sam’s shooting is being underrated a bit. Maybe not by UVA fans but by writers previewing teams. They seem to lump everyone at 40%+ into one group and ignore the fact that Sam is significantly higher than just 40%. People tend not to correctly process that the difference between a 44.5% shooter like Sam and a 40% shooter is the same as the difference between a 40% shooter and a 35.5% shooter. Same reason Carson was underrated as a recruit imo. People lump him in with anyone who shoots 40% or higher and ignore the fact he actually shot 50%+ his junior year.

5 Likes

Someone else claims to be best friends with his dad and they say he’s not playing. Who tf knows lol

1 Like