Preseason Thread

And now someone claiming to be his Dads best friend saying he won’t play no matter what. Gotta love the Sabre. Ha

2 Likes

Unless it’s from someone consistently in the know I won’t believe a thing from the Sabre

3 Likes

Would think if the guy was actually Murphy II’s best friend he would’ve chimed in long before now. The conversation has been all over UVA boards and social media for a month.

Agree. The Sabre is hysterical on matters like this. Sources come out of the woodwork

1 Like

They need a builtbadgers “sands through the hourglass/winds of change/snow falling on cedars” super vague haiku type post that says absolutely nothing about UVA or basketball to make things clear. Then you’d know for sure.

2 Likes

I think built is more of a “no matter whether or not he gets a waiver your team will be as prepared as it possibly could be”

1 Like

Does that span all athletics?

I have no idea but the administrator in question’s action are regarding Collin Sexton. So Basketball. Of course nothing implicating the actual program, just a few members a la Louisville and Arizona so I think they can make the bullshit “I didn’t know anything” argument for the coaches and higher ups.

So how does Oklahoma State get a postseason band and Alabama doesn’t? Wouldn’t an AD rep doing the same thing as an assistant coach be more egregious?

I still cant wrap my head around Ronnie Walker’s waiver situation. Dont ask me lol.

2 Likes

I’m my dad’s best friend and he’s not playing this year

2 Likes

Rare hot take from Hootie. it is curious we haven’t heard anything yet.

9 Likes

Just got off the phone and finished an interview with Taine Murray. Full story coming soon, but can already tell this is a special kid.

18 Likes

Looking forward to it. Saw your ~3 minute video on him in the Hoops FB group, nice work as usual!

4 Likes

I have to think that unless someone will give him a guaranteed 2-way that Mamadi and his agent won’t be in any rush to sign and that they’ll also explore overseas offers.

4 Likes

I also heard its a no go for Tre. Which is good news. Let him work on his body and game. We have more than enough. Extra isnt always good.

4 Likes

Mamadi signed with Milwaukee

2 Likes

I get confuse. Arent you a teenager or thats another poster? Thanks. By the way, I cant wait tu read the interview. Thank You!!

1 Like

I think that take is one leftover from Mamadi’s draft/NBA experience last offseason. A lot of people were not thrilled with his representation and the fact his trainers had him cut so much weight.

4 Likes