Purdue game thread

Tomas has completely lost Bennett’s trust. Nixon getting minutes now in his place.

I felt like he’s been out of sync all season. And he appeared lost out there today.

Bottom line is hoos got to make some shots. Too many open looks not falling. Would love to see them look for somw action going downhill make Purdue move

Not good enough defensively. Period.

1 Like

Only three shots for Morsell in the first half, counting the last second prayer. I know I’m a broken record but he has to be a big part of things eventually, even if it’s not pretty now. I pretty much measure this team’s ceiling by how involved he is.

2 Likes

I think you’re right. Need to have someone else to step up as a scorer. Would love to see Huff touch the paint some in the 2nd half. Diakite is getting agressive on offense but they need a 2nd option

I’m really surprised.

A) Tomas appears to be a real miss by the staff
B) We felt comfortable enough w he and Kody not to beg borrow and steal to get another guard on the roster.
C) complete lack of any offensive identity. Clear we are still trying to find things that work
D) We still can’t shoot
E) We aren’t designing more for Jay and as HGN said, Casey

If mamadi is our outside threat, I’m not enthused.

1 Like

2nd half will be a good test. Game probably is decided. Never know if they come out on a run. But I just wanna see them stay together and compete. Hopefully someone steps up and makes some plays. All about finding their offensive identity right now.

1 Like

Missing Braxton on D a lot right now, should have been able to put Casey or Kihei on Stefanovic full time to chase around screens and have Braxton defend Hunter or Proctor.

Very well said. First few mins of second half will be very telling. Love to see the guys settle into an offense any offense.

Yes the game is likely decided. This is a growth and experience game. Would like to see Justin get some minutes. Would also like to see Casey continue to assert himself.

Depth is going to be a major issue the second half. Relying on two walk ons that’s rough.

Was coaching during the first half so couldn’t watch. Guess things aren’t so rosy right now. Bottom line is this team isn’t as good as Purdue. Didn’t see the 3 point shooting from Purdue coming though. Knew stefanovic could hit em, but not like this.

It’s been a while since we got beat like this…

This happens sometimes. They aren’t as good and we aren’t as bad as this game would suggest.

1 Like

Imagine if we had the same response…

These are the growing pains a young team has to go through. But that doesnt make it fun at all

Nice thought, couldn’t be a more different team unfortunately. How in the world that '13-14 squad was so bad in pre-conference I’ll never understand.

I like Chase Coleman.

Casey putting together a solid second half starting to really like him