Recruiting - Trick-or-Treat October

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what our people are being told. However, it sounds like all three are receiving similar leaks and info. This is not to disrespect you, Keels or anyone but does kinda jive with whats going on.

Based on that logic why are you so quick to write off UVA and not Niova or Duke if everyone is ‘receiving similar leaks and intel’?

5 Likes

Or maybe he’s just still seriously trying to decide? The one thing Keels and his family have all been adamant on was they really wanted to be able to take the official visits before deciding. I truly believe a decision would’ve been made in the summer one way or another had visits been allowed. Don’t mean any disrespect I just don’t get the negativity it’s potentially the biggest decision of his life as he has major pro potential.

2 Likes

Chiefhoo, for someone with no inside knowledge you are certainly implying that you have insider info. If you are just speculating wildly be fair to the board and say so.

12 Likes

Well he did say “I have no inside knowledge” so idk if he could be any more clear

2 Likes

Do yourself a favor …

Makes this board much more enjoyable.

1 Like

Stuff doesn’t bother me enough to block ppl on here. I just do this weird thing where I just keep scrolling… one day they might just have some info I want to see :man_shrugging:t2:

18 Likes

Keep scrolling?!. No place for that kind of crazy talk on a message board. :grinning:

( :notes: they see me scrollin… :notes:)

3 Likes

Honestly! I don’t.

Nothing more than years of life expectancies, training, hobbies, and career have taught me to be analytical. That doesn’t mean that I’m correct.

1 Like

Some crystal ball movement with Kaufman. The new Rivals national guy Rob Cassidy flipped his pick from IU to Purdue. And the Indiana 247 writer upgraded his IU pick confidence to 7. Both sides doubling down.

13 Likes

Which obviously means he’s going to pick UVa. I love that the recruiting insiders are picking different sides. It seems like there is often groupthink with these predictions. Hopefully it remains a surprise until Friday (unless it leaks that UVa is the choice, haha).

6 Likes

I read an IU board today, and my biggest takeaway is that no one really knows where Kaufman is going. All the sources and experts are just trying to connect the dots. I still wouldn’t bet on us, but I think our odds are better than they may seem.

I’d love to know if he’s informed any of the coaches of his decision. Keeping a secret like that for 10 days would be tough.

6 Likes

That’s why I think if it gets to Friday without getting leaked it isn’t IU. No way that program can keep it quiet for that long.

5 Likes

Murphy commitment was similar. A lot of smoke to Nova, parsing of interview quotes, UVA stayed quiet. If it hadn’t been for Trey following the entire team on IG, his announcement would’ve likely surprised a lot of people.

UVA does a pretty good job keeping all kinds of secrets. Tend to think they probably don’t know this time but no news is not always bad news.

8 Likes

XHoo, you are so right. It does remind me of the Murray and Murphy Commitments. I think its more a characteristic of the prospects UVA seeks. However, it is reminiscent.

2 Likes

Where are some of the best shooters in the country migrating to? CTB obviously has a reputation for developing shooters! Thompson, Harris, Jerome, Guy, Hunter, Brogden, and Bennett himself. Development? Versatility? I still think we are in this.

https://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/polished-kaufman-mulling-all-offers-including-iu/article_598a8b0a-c55c-11ea-9c42-7bb07d634739.html

1 Like

I don’t know if this is indicative of anything. I don’t even know if it is true. You’ve been warned. However, in my virtual wanderings today, I read that Trey Kaufman’s announcement will be made in a childhood friend’s (his childhood friend, not mine) podcast, and that the podcast is being broadcast simultaneously by the local radio station. Which to my perverse sense of things, seems vaguely reminiscent of the broadcasts from that infamous radio station at the University of Southern North Dakota at Hoople. But that’s probably just me.

It’s not a rumor. He announced it on his IG.

1 Like

The iU mod is very confident that none of the staffs have been notified of anything. Kudos to Trey for keeping this all under wraps. Hope is holds til Friday.

1 Like