Recruiting - Trick-or-Treat October

Thought this was an appropriate name for the October thread w/ Halloween coming up as well as a projected slew of commitments. Will we get Tricked into believing we will get a commit from our finalists, or will be treated into a celebration when one finally does announce for UVa?

9 Likes

I have a feeling that we will get Houstan and hold the last scholly for a possible transfer unless Kaufman wants it.

2 Likes

Dare I say… Treat & Treat in that situation?

2 Likes

I would call it an enormous treat!

1 Like

I’m gonna go against the grain here a bit and say we end up with Keels. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kauffman ends up a Tar Hell or a Hoo but the longer this goes the worse it is for IU

4 Likes

That would still be a treat, potentially!!

1 Like

No idea if this is even being considered, but if we land 1 of the 3 we’re a finalist for, I’d be ok taking that last spot and using it on a big who needs some development.

It’ll be hard enough finding minutes for everyone in 2021-22…why not take someone who comes in with no expectation of playing for 2 years?

2 Likes

Apparently some time before Kaufman posted his final 5, he threw up a similar IG story with 5 fingers. So maybe…

15 Likes

Maybe what? Close to a decision?

He cut the other 4 off

4 Likes

That’s really not gonna help his game. Damn it.

5 Likes

That’s exactly my thought as well for the same reasons. However, Kaufman would be a take with either of the other two for me.

2 Likes

I do think the dominoes will start to fall now.

3 Likes

Lucas Taylor to Clemson. Solid get for them

3 Likes

I am confused by these Kaufman references… if his emoji signifies he is ready to commit… then are we thinking that it is IU cause he hadn’t set an OV with us?

Kaufman came to Charlottesville on his own a couple of weeks ago because the NCAA isn’t allowing official visits.

3 Likes

Oh Jumbo, sweet, simple doesn’t-follow-recruiting-with-every-waking-breath Jumbo. We’ve got a very good shot here. Final choice might not even include IU.

7 Likes

To be fair the final choice is either IU or not IU hha

1 Like

I am aware of his visit but he did not meet with coaches or players…allegedly…figured he would go beyond signing day to take a real OV…

1 Like

Official visits aren’t allowed right now. He’d be waiting a long time for that.

2 Likes