Relive the Memories — Tony Bennett-narrated videos showing program growth since 2009

Over the past 10 years, the wisdom and composure behind Tony Bennett’s comments during press conferences and interviews have been a huge part of the joy in watching this program grow, so I wanted to create some (very amateur-level) videos that use his comments to narrate the development of the Virginia men’s basketball program starting in 2009. I also set this story to the soundtrack of the movie ‘Miracle’ since I think it is so iconic!

1. The Foundational Years: 2009-2015

2. The Pillars of Growth through Joy and Pain: 2015-2018

The first video includes as much as I could to document the 2009-2015 seasons that set the stage for years to come, and the second video is an account of the 2015-2018 seasons that took us on an emotional rollercoaster and gave us so many gifts and lessons that would eventually lift the 2018-2019 team to the pinnacle of college basketball.

I made these videos for the pure joy of reliving the past 10 years so I hope you enjoy the memories too if you give them a watch! I regrettably couldn’t include everything, so if you do give them a watch, what memories did these videos bring back for you?

10 Likes

(I’ll eventually be creating a couple more videos to highlight the 2018-2019 season and national championship in this style, but grad school and other responsibilities have made this a pretty lengthy process on top of how time-consuming it is to put the videos together.)

5 Likes

Great stuff! Been watching a lot of clips/videos from the natty run lately just to boost my morale so I’ll be sure to check this out.

3 Likes

These were great. Thanks for sharing. The '13-14 images still get to me the most.

3 Likes

Great stuff but I really didn’t need to be put through the Syracuse game again, lol. Please get to the end of this story. Some parts of this are like watching a movie when your favorite character unexpectedly passes away. Kidding
This is put together well .There is a lot of talent in this place. Just grateful you let this old Hoo enjoy it

4 Likes

Really enjoyed your videos! Looking forward to watching the next one on our greatest season! Well done!

4 Likes

Thank you! These are tremendous!

1 Like

Great work. lotta talented people around here on LRA

2 Likes

love these

2 Likes