RIP KOBE BRYANT

Not at all UVA related but if you haven’t heard yet NBA legend Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash less than an hour ago. So sad to see a legend go. Everyone (including myself) is in complete shock. He never had anything to do with UVA (that I know of… correct me if I’m wrong) but I just wanted to put it out there. RIP

10 Likes

Just saw this on the news. What a shocker. I always feel for the family that’s left behind when something like this happens.

3 Likes

So sad for all of us basketball fans to hear. Kobe did have one Uva connection however non basketball related. RIP and full support for his girls

5 Likes

What was his connection?

His daughter, 13, also passed away.

1 Like

I wanna be 100% sure to get it right and also wait until we know everything

2 Likes

I was always an anti Kobe Guy during his career…But I honestly hate to see this. Leaves an empty feeling in my gut. He was only half way done with life. So sorry to hear this.

4 Likes

This is so terrible. It makes me sick on my stomach. I cant imagine what the family is going through. Prayers for all touched by this tragedy

1 Like

2 Likes

4 Likes

McDonalds game

3 Likes

I can only name one player there. Number 33. Kobe the mamba bryant

Number 15 is Uva’s Willie Dersch

1 Like

Nate James. Stephen Jackson. Kobe. Tim Thomas. Jermaine O’Neil. Ed Cota. Shaheen Halloway. Vasil Evtimov. Rip Hamilton.

3 Likes

So I wanted to be respectful and I know everyone here is as well. Kobes UVa “connection” is Jerrod Washington who played football during my time and was a great running back and friend. Jerrod married Kobes sister so lets all think about J and his family as well.

8 Likes

He posted that on FB so please keep it here at LRA

4 Likes

He’s an underrated running back in UVA history. His senior year he was great and was a hell of a kick returner. #22

3 Likes

DurtyNellys knows. And cool cool guy.

Can we talk Larry Holmes???

1 Like

Larry was #20. Fast as shit and used to take that inside screen to the house. St Alban’s alum?

2 Likes

Yessir. one of the toughest players ever. maybe 5-10 and returned kick offs as a true freshman. And he could hoop. We used to battle for real at Slaughter back in the day

1 Like