Ryan Dunn Chooses Virginia!

Extremely hyped! CTB has been in control, deliberate, and methodical while pinpointing who he’s wanted on his roster since the transfers! Wow! He has a very talented group of prospects to mold into a team!

5 Likes

Wow so that video must have been Dunn quickly after his visit since it’s only been 7 days. The coordination of the cameraman and filming, getting a UVA shirt purchased/delivered or purchased and brought back from UVA are all decisions that were made very quickly or *during his visit.

I like the quick decision sir!

2 Likes

In his SI interview he said he commited on his visit. Basically at the sitdown with Tony near the end of the visit where Tony gives the final “We want you” Dunn told Tony he was coming.

22 Likes

a few more clips from the SLAM New York event (top high school recruits in NYC area). also lists him as 6’8. At this rate he will be 7’6 by the time he is on grounds

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT_Uvu9NmvK/

11 Likes

Which is funny, because in the commitment video he posts info on himself from someone (Rivals?) which lists him as 6’6”.

If he’s 6’8 he’s an Isaiah Wilkins 6’8.

2 Likes

Here’s a link to the SI piece - it’s actually a blog post by Ryan.

Interesting comment here –

“I may try and talk to some other guys eventually to try and get them to come with me, but, right now, I’m just gonna breathe and enjoy it.”

– I wonder who he might have connections too that we’d be interested in.

10 Likes

Is there a ‘23 pg or big man he’s close to?

1 Like

I think thats more of “Tony will put me on a recruiting mission in the future but for now I celebrate” kind of remark.

4 Likes

I think McKneely is the one to watch on that front especially with Sheppard who he played a couple times in July. Was really impressed with Bond on his podcast with Justin Anderson. He might be a good recruiter also.

7 Likes

ngl from talking to him i dont think that line means anything

1 Like

hadn’t seen this clip posted. not a lot here but really shows he’s got a nice handle for his size

The Hustle on Twitter: “:rotating_light:BREAKING NEWS​:rotating_light: Ryan Dunn is a Top-50 prospect in 2022…BELIEVE THAT​:bangbang: 6’7” wing from @NYJayhawks/@PerkBasketball continues to sharpen every aspect of his skillset and STILL has a ridiculous upside to reach-&-unleash in the future. @Almighty_ry3 is the REAL MF’in DEAL​:eyes::movie_camera::arrow_down: https://t.co/PnKEi4vG5e” / Twitter

2 Likes

He’s got great creativity/body control going to the rim. Not the most explosive athlete (a la Dre or Justin), but very fluid. I feel like I don’t really have the right vocabulary for it. Have we had a similar guy recently? I just watched some Jabri tape, and he’s a more natural scorer, but he had a lot of hesi stuff, and pull-up jumpers, but didn’t seem that great going to the rim. Reece? Dunn seems a lot more fluid than Reece. I’m really curious to see Taine in this regard; we really only have that one tape from FIBA and lack of whispers (as compared to Igor) to wonder about. Well, maybe they’ll stream the B/W game and we will learn some there. Okay, okay, I won’t start that again… Anyway, curious to hear any thoughts on Dunn’s skills there…

2 Likes

In the very limited clips I’ve seen so far, I would agree with our resident expert evaluators here that outside of shooting, he seems a little unpolished all around. Enrolling early and spending a redshirt second semester with our coaches working on skills and Curtis working on his body would be ideal of course. In terms of his potential at UVA and beyond, I think a lot may depend on whether he’s really 6’5” or closer to 6’7”. If it’s the former, then I think he could become a very good player for us akin to Devon Hall. If it’s the later, then his ceiling could be higher. Fair warning, though, I’m like the perfect opposite barometer when it comes to player predictions.

1 Like

I don’t think he looks that unpolished but he could work on his decision making and adding strength. I think he will be better than Devon hall more close to Dre or Brogdon. Im calling it now he will be a first round draft pick!

4 Likes

Thats the thing. Need to see guys in full games and some “low” lights. This clip is about as good as Ive seen him in action

Coach O needs more followers. Completely missed his celebratory tweet.

11 Likes

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but nice interview with Dunn by Pro Insight:

11 Likes