Ryan Dunn Chooses Virginia!

30 Likes

Fresh called it! Unreal job by TB and crew. Thanks HGN

20 Likes

Freaking insane. First time I’ve been hyped about a class. Well done CTB and staff.

11 Likes

It’s not really official until J-Willy drops his signature tweet.

21 Likes

You knocked it out of the park with this write-up, HGN. Thanks! I love that our ‘22 class is made up of great players who are also excellent young people. But I’m not sure I see a dawg in the ‘20 through ‘22 classes ( Taine maybe?). That concerns me a little. Do you have any thoughts on whether any of the players in those classes have or could develop a little of the edge teams need when the chips are down?

9 Likes

Isaac 1 is a dawg. but I love your point here

14 Likes

yeah McKneely’s that dude…but it’s a legit concern. You want guys with the physical talent like Bond and Dunn to have more of that in them, but that might come in time as their confidence grows. Coming on late the way they did, not sure they realize how talented they are.

16 Likes

Man am so jealous cause these guys are gonna have a lotta fun at UVa. hahaha

12 Likes

This class is one player shy of UVas greatest class ever for recruiting

3 Likes

Saw that Dunn said somewhere that he had been in contact with McKneely and Bond. I guess TB’s chief unofficial recruiters will be moving on to Sheppard and Jackson next. I know McKneely and Sheppard played each other at least twice in July.

9 Likes

Great way to finish off the 22 class. Now I hope we focus on a rim protecting big and point guard for the 2023 class. Hoozgotnext do you think we have a real shot at shepherd from Kentucky, and can he play the point.

4 Likes

What position do you think we need to fill for it to be a number 1 class in UVA history. I say if we had add a defensive big man with excellent shot blocking skills

1 Like

oh yeah I think they have a good chance at Sheppard, probably close to a toss up. And he can play the point for sure. I think he’s more comfortable right now playing alongside a floor general type who can take some pressure off him. He choses to play with Gabe Cupps in AAU which is telling.

15 Likes

Dre had it sometimes, but it was in flashes. He’d disappear a bit (missed the flight to the Louisville regional), but he reappeared in the natty when it mattered. Ty had it all the time and needed much less of it, tbh, with that frustration foul v Auburn.

(Point being, those guys will develop it, hopefully, as they see themselves succeed in the ACC.)

1 Like

I think we need a Ty Jerome endowed scholarship to be awarded to at least one player in every other class who can always be counted on to bring the fight to the opponent and let their teammates know they better be ready to bring it too. And the scholarship recipient should be referenced in all University-issued communications as Ty Jerome Red Ass Schlolarship Recipient [insert name here].

12 Likes

And then call up the sports pope and settle a score. Lol!

1 Like

I’m really excited about this class. And like HGN said about Bond and Dunn not knowing how good they are. Man it’s going to be fun watching them get to that point where they become studs. Let’s go Hoos

5 Likes

Stating the obvious, but it seems like a high floor, higher ceiling class.

2 Likes

The ceiling is the floor!

6 Likes

exactly that. Ralph Sampson or whoever…