Season Preview. What are your thoughts?

Going to continue the convo from the blog thread…

2 Likes

https://virginia.lockerroomaccess.com/2019/11/05/2019-20-season-preview-with-mark-jerome-doug-smith-hooz-got-next/?preview_id=5396&preview_nonce=462d224ee1&preview=true&_thumbnail_id=5402

1 Like

I mean Kody looks every bit of 6-7 and he’s got arms and everything now. He may not be all that quick, but he looks legit.

2 Likes

@dfresh11, Have you heard anything from the staff on Kody, You’ve mentioned him a few times…?

1 Like

no, just my observations.

1 Like

One thing that could happen, is with the big lineup, we could get a bunch of rebounds and change shots. If Jay plays physical down low, he will get more playing time.

1 Like

he seems like such a nice kid. Will he be an ass-hole and dog down low?

2 Likes

That will be up to him. I think he may have to talk to Coach and just have a frank conversation about why he’s not playing enough IF he doesn’t get playing time. He’s such a nice trusting kid, that he may not ask.

1 Like

Been observing this conversation, just wanted to say I think Jay certainly can unleash that ass-hole mentality. He is a stand up dude, and he’ll never really be the trash talker or get in your face kind of player, but with the weight he’s gained he should be able to translate some of that awkwardness from the past into results. Its all about confidence for him though.

1 Like

Yep. That’s what I said. Jay’s got some nasty on the court. Always has.

3 Likes

That’s what in looking for. He definitely needs to be a bad dude on the court

1 Like

I had a blast doing this last night. For a regular fan to spend an hour talking UVA hoops with Mark and Doug is an honor to say the least. We originally intended it to be like an ask the panel thing with TW asking questions and each of us chiming in. But well with three know it alls talking about our favorite subject it was predictably impossible to control where the conversation went. lol We should have just recorded it as a podcast in hindsight.

3 Likes

was lotta fun and no holds barred. for me everyones views similar but different made it great. agree. just put it all out there and all love for the Hoos! thanks TW

3 Likes