Shooting: 3 dead, 2 injured, suspect in custody

Just got an email about this. Leaving the link here without comment. But an avenue to provide financial support for those so inclined.

6 Likes

He got it from his momma. A mom being able to talk like that so strong and loving in this case is truly amazing. What a hero Mike is. Also amazing by the medical student staying what could have been real harms way to do what he/she could til paramedics arrived.

9 Likes

What makes that WaPo editorā€™s tweet especially infuriating is that itā€™s not only grotesquely insensitive, itā€™s flat-out wrong. The reporters ARE reporting. The statement the CD editors made clearly asks for those with information to share it with them. WaPo does the same thing frequently! So basically this guy chose, proactively, to twist facts in order to take a public dig at grieving reporters covering a tragedy. Unreal.

15 Likes

Can his ass

5 Likes

I hope the hospital is being generous about letting players in to see Hollins. Heā€™s got it especially hard not only because of his injury but because of his isolation as he grieves. That man deserves to have his friends around him.

7 Likes

I agree, and so do many of my colleagues. You donā€™t get a better story just because youā€™re hectoring people who want to be left alone. It is common ā€“ as well as good practice ā€“ for journalists to tell people, ā€œHey, Iā€™m sorry for your loss, if you want to talk, hereā€™s how to get in touch with me.ā€ Iā€™ve done that on numerous stories. Murders, coal mine collapses, plane crashes. And, yes, mass shootings. It works. Itā€™s effective. And you donā€™t come off like an asshole.

11 Likes

This makes sense. Taking shots on twitter is just beyond low. Go to Cville and meet with the students maybe. Can even educate how to be a journalist in unfathomable scenarios.

5 Likes

Agreed. Also Survivorā€™s Guilt is a real thing, I hope he stays strong during this very dark time. :pensive: :pray:

12 Likes

Thanks for the link. Not a fan of Barstool but would like to support the playerā€™s families. The shirts are pretty dope too, and as a born Cville local almost all my life (spent 5 of my young years in Richmond), we have seen some things here for sure.

My girl was wondering if they sell or plan to sell womenā€™s sizes?

3 Likes

This is an absolutely beautiful tribute to Lavel Dā€™Sean and Devin by ESPN. Great writing by Adelson Hale and Rittenberg here. Friends, family coaches remember Virginia's Devin Chandler, Lavel Davis Jr. D'Sean Perry - ESPN

11 Likes

Yes, Incredible

3 Likes

Family first, last, and always. #uvastrong

16 Likes

@grillswith @DFresh11 @Serum114 @seanp10 @Richan34 etc.

We are currently working on designs for our own Virginia Strong merch.100% of net proceeds will go to the families of the victims

27 Likes

Lock me in for a 2x donā€™t even need to see proofs

6 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome, @Spencer. Count me in for an XL pre-order too.

4 Likes

Yessir!

26 Likes

Itā€™s impossible not to love Coach Atuaia. Iā€™m not surprised in the least that he was chosen as the spokesman for the former coaches. Taking nothing away from the other assistants, I canā€™t imagine any of them having as strong a connection with the entire roster as he did. Thereā€™s just so much authenticity and love that emanates from him. Iā€™ll always pull for him wherever his coaching journey takes him.

Edit: I should have limited this to the former assistants. Iā€™m sure Biscuit is pretty damn tight with the whole team too.

Second Edit: Thanks, @lodger96 for posting that.

16 Likes

Mark Atuaia is always so positive. Probably could make anyone feel good about themselves and Iā€™m sure the guys all loved him.

10 Likes

@Spencer 2XL for me, hoodie if youā€™re doing those.

3 Likes

Please make some smaller sizes for the kiddos too @Spencer. Looking forward to doing what we can

2 Likes