Shooting: 3 dead, 2 injured, suspect in custody

I’m in too! Thanks much Spencer. Medium

2 Likes

So these are LRA designed gear? I’d be in for a large shirt and if women’s sizes are available, a small W as well

2 Likes

Also found this earlier

Found out I was approved to adopt a dog this week. Decided to name her Perry after D’Sean. Just felt right.

39 Likes

I get her tomorrow - I’ll be sure to post a picture :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Putting these here too…

https://twitter.com/AlexMcDaniel/status/1593640239024590851?t=QEZiZVM2JNMG1EQgXJk7xQ&s=19

12 Likes

Im all in …

2 Likes
27 Likes

The interview with Marques Hagans … :cry:

18 Likes

There simply are no words.

7 Likes

Yeah- I’ve tried to figure out the right word for this situation and it’s just “Violating” and a breach of decency (although more than that).

2 Likes

As promised - rescued from a pretty bad situation. Welcome home, Perry :slight_smile:

50 Likes

What a great new home for him

1 Like

Horrendous but for anyone headed over. No words

12 Likes

Wtf is wrong with people? There have always been crazies but seems 100x worse now than ever in my lifetime.

7 Likes

As someone who has worked a lot in crisis intervention.

People aren’t born crazy. I dont say this as an excuse or justification to the harm that comes from those. You can be mindful but still disapproving of behaviors. But it’s hard to understand without intimately working with people in these situations.

It’s a lot of things.
Lack of investment into social support programs.
Stigmatization of mental health (I know you meant no ill harm but labels like “crazies” make people hesitant to reach out for help at the beginning because of fear of being labeled as crazy). Isolation like no other for a growing number of people.

Access to weapons (just going to leave it at this to avoid political discourse here but we eventually do need to acknowledge inherent American-ness of this situation. The Onion always posts after a shooting the headline ““I can’t believe this keeps happening” says only country where it keeps happening”. The “criminals will get guns anyways” argument doesn’t fly with me because then by that logic there should be no laws in general since laws don’t prevent crime).

Access to mental health resources. (Mental health providers are scarce in a lot of communities and a lot of health insurances dont cover mental health).

Parents who downplay being open about communication and talking about how you are doing at a young age.

Environmental exposures (lead exposure linked to neurobiology and behavior problems for example)

People having less of an attachment to life in general as they have less opportunities to be “great” in an overpopulated world and you have more people competing for limited amount of spots in whatever “great” title they are striving for.

Etc. and so on and so forth.

12 Likes

Yeah, poor wording on my part, but just don’t understand why this seems so much worse now than 20, 30 years ago.

1 Like

Violent crime in the US is way way way down from thirty years ago

5 Likes

Awesome bro
This broke me up again

3 Likes

UVA memorial service on Acc network now

8 Likes