Should there be an off-topic category?

I’m from Idaho, and don’t know much about Virginia as a whole. Sometimes, I want to hear what it’s like. In general, I feel like an off-topic category, or something like it, would be good. It would let all of us from different areas and walks of life connect even more. Of course, this might have been talked about before, I don’t really know, but what does everyone think?

7 Likes

wow. Howd you become UVa fan? We proly start there

2 Likes

That would be thanks to my mom. Born in New York, raised in Virginia. Been there a few times, and still remember loving Bodo’s Bagels. I was basically raised in UVA culture. I was born up north in Montana, although I don’t remember much. When I moved to Idaho, that’s when most of my living memory starts, and UVA is a big part of it. I got introduced to the forum through HoozGotNext and twitter in general. I got a tour of JPJ once when I was in Virginia, that really kicked off me being a diehard Virginia fan. Hearing you guys talk about stuff there and the places there, the culture. It’s really interesting. We don’t have much here in my area of Idaho, and the sports teams aren’t much, except for Boise State.

5 Likes

Your story gives me hope that one day I can indoctrinate my own kids to bleed orange and blue, even if they only know about UVA through watching sports with me.

4 Likes

Really cool connects. if you know Bodos you are about 60% your way to knowing UVa ha

4 Likes

Fact. Born n raised in Charlottesville and there me nothing more Charlottesville or Uva than Bodos. We still make a stop there everytime we are back.

1 Like

Well, you’re an out of state UVA fan so the chances that you are highly intelligent and the possessor of a refined taste, are pretty high.

I made a map to tell you a little more about the state in general. Hope it helps.va map

9 Likes

@anon37693817 quickly becoming one of my fav posters

5 Likes

His icon though

3 Likes

If @anon37693817 doesnt actually look like that I will be disappointed

5 Likes

@Fiire There is a Lounge category… but as I’ve found out over time, it can only be seen by those w/ Trust Level 3… which means my Beer Enthusiast category is severely under-viewed. LOL!

3 Likes

just looked up trust levels, seems I need to spam comment more to reach level 3

2 Likes