Simple things

During these dog days of summer, I thought it would be cool to hear from a lot of different folks on one simple thing that brings you joy.
Rule is only post one thing until there are at least 20 other people that have posted.

I’ll start.

1. The aroma of fresh bread baking.
8 Likes
  1. Tasteful side boob
19 Likes

Sharing beers and talking life with my young adult son.

11 Likes

Hugs from my kids - at almost 14 and 11, they are fewer and further between these days

16 Likes

The smell of fresh cut grass. I was a grass field terrorist digging grass up during the sit down huddles of youth soccer.

10 Likes

Proclaiming my appreciation for LRA regulars on cake day, that’s my simple pleasure.

Happy cake day @GulfCoastHoo. Thanks for hanging out with us!

Star Wars Salute GIF

15 Likes

There is nothing I love more than hiking after a big snowfall. Tourists aren’t there in the winter, nobody is out because of the weather - it’s like the whole world is silent and you have it all to yourself. Only sign of any other life is the occasional coyote or deer track. That’s my favorite place to be.

17 Likes

As I age (68), it brings me more and more joy that someone, anyone, wishes me a good day and spends even just 30 seconds with me sharing just a moment. Time brings me joy. Oh, and donuts. I love donuts.

15 Likes

Not unsimilar but anytime I have all 4 my kids together just watching them do their thang
Somehow it is not often all 4 are with me and together

Luc 24, Kyle 21, Ty and Kamilah 9

22 Likes

A hug from my great-grand son. He absolutely adores his great-grandmother (as do I) but I get some attention, too.

16 Likes

Going to sleep at the end of the day. You just get to lie there comfortably like “Yeah, finally, this is where I wanna be.”

7 Likes

Summer Cup ties - EURO 24, Copa America, etc…

5 Likes

A bike ride with friends on a beautiful morning and that sweet taste of the cold beer at the end of it.

7 Likes