Sneak Peak at our first Episode of Hangin’ with a Hoo

It’s a work in progress, but wanted to share one of many interviews we have in the works. This one features Mark Jerome and Jason Williford. Leave us your comments below. We are working on a proper intro and outro…

7 Likes

audio for Mark Jerome needs to be fixed but otherwise fantastic

Thanks @Cville , was it volume or the synching?. We have a bunch of episodes already recorded…what are your thoughts on the food? should people not eat during?

2 Likes

it is a volume, issue. the setting is fine, the only nitpicking points would be the several camera angle changes (no real rhyme or reason) and the waiter’s back. Thank you, love what you are hoping to do with this site

2 Likes

@Cville awesome! thanks for the feedback! We are trying out a few different videographers and editors so its good to get feedback!

2 Likes

Enjoyed hearing the backstories firsthand from Mark & JWill. Not to mention, looking at The Local’s food had my mouth watering. :blush:

3 Likes

Very nice interview. A few thoughts on the technical aspects: I’m not sure if Mark was mic’d or not, and if he was (he should be) the levels need to be checked. I noticed that in the main view his voice was lost, perhaps because he was talking away from the camera microphone. Another suggestion is to pick your angle and stick with it. Cutting away a couple of times is ok as a B roll to be cut in, but it got a little jumpy a few times which was distracting. Final suggestion, yeah, I wouldn’t do a meal. A little finger food is probably ok, and I get the idea of a “real conversation”, but at times JWilly is talking while eating, and your eye gets drawn to the napkin and him trying to cut his food. Small production points. I’ll be looking out for more of these interviews! Good job.

4 Likes

I respectfully disagree, Mark Jerome just needs to realize after his question, he needs to take a bit while the question is answered, Who doesn’t talk during a shared meal? But maybe I didn’t watch carefully enough to see Jason sawing away at his foot …

1 Like

Ha ha, okay, FOOD. I’ll fix it!

2 Likes

Excellent interview- keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Audio is something we continue to struggle with. We have some good content with bad audio, we are considering tossing it out…

2 Likes

Greatly enjoyed the interview. Both parties were very engaging and I can’t wait to see future installments.

As to the technical aspects, the cuts seem “jumpy” because the two camera setups were on opposite sides of the table, which is a basic mistake in Cinematography 101; it’s called “crossing the line.” When you’re filming a stationary conversation between two people, you draw an imaginary line between them and keep all your camera setups on the same side of the line. If you don’t, your two subjects appear to flip position with every cut–the guy on the left suddenly jumps to screen right, and the guy on the right jumps to screen left, which is extremely disorienting to the viewer. Wikipedia’s page on “the 180-degree rule” has a good summary of the basics.

Apologies for the long-winded dissertation, but I hope it proves useful. Keep cranking out the great content!

5 Likes

Thank you, was trying to frame a response to @Merch regarding his audio problem, and followed your lead to wiki and ADR. I can understand the frustration but from my prespective as a devoted fan, I would be thrilled to be able to view the videos you have completed even if I had to read subtitles!

4 Likes

If we get to see Jack vs. Isaiah in the Polish league this fall, those subtitles may come in handy.

3 Likes

Bump

1 Like

Awesome stuff!!