Spring 2021 Football

12 Likes

Seriously? Damn.

1 Like

Hate that

1 Like

Brutal. Hoos can never seem to go into a season fully healthy. Luckily they seem to have a deep team this year

1 Like

Very worried about the secondary

4 Likes

/ run game, per usual

2 Likes

Not as worried about the run game this year. Multiple good options at RB and the best OL they’ve had in a while. Secondary I’ll agree with you lol

1 Like

My money is on Hollins. No real reason for that - just a gut feeling

5 Likes

I like that there’s competition, however, those are the same backs as last head + one of equal level (Hollins)

3 Likes

I’ve got high hopes for Hollins.

4 Likes

Just snagged a commitment from ‘22 Safety Will Hardy, so at least there’s some good FB news today. Love to see it

5 Likes

Mendenhall’s comment on run game this spring:

Effective. We have deception runs, creative runs, QB runs, but when it comes to traditional runs there’s a fierce competition emerging between Taulapapa, Hollins, and Walker. They’re already running harder and battling because of the competition. Foston is showing a lot of promise. We have a grad transfer coming as well. Competition makes you a good coach. Our tradtional run game is more violent, physical, and productive than I’ve seen it since I arrived here.

5 Likes

I’m high on Hollins too. Think he can be really good

2 Likes

That’s a rock solid quote. I hope we see it come to life on the field. I absolutely hate having our only viable passer running 10+ QB draws a game

8 Likes

Hopefully Bronco and Joe have figured out a way to put all those RB’s to use. Hell if they just commit to actually giving any one o them the ball I believe it will go a long way. Not sure how that’s going to happen if 10+ QB designed runs are called every game.

7 Likes

Yeah. Like Bronco said, they have a lot of kinds of runs in the playbook. The problem was that none of them except the QB draws were executed well or accomplished anything. They really need to change that.

4 Likes

Totally forgot about the Harvard guy till just now.

2 Likes

Happy Cake Day @4547Lambeth !

1 Like