Spring Recruiting Thread

I had to close out the old late cycle thread. We’re kind of past that now, into the regular Spring recruiting.

33 Likes

https://twitter.com/jarinstevenson/status/1655292080720101384?s=46&t=frYBinpCIlik2LPtlEW38Q

10 Likes

We’ve never won a recruitment with a cryptic intro

7 Likes

Has Abraham stated in an interview what his rough timetable for a decision is? Getting him on board over the next two months would make the rest of the class quite a bit easier to map out.

2 Likes

I’m not sure it’s cryptic, he’s just referring to the decision he’s discussed in various articles and interviews

1 Like

I’d assume the fact that he’s begun officials (was at Marquette this weekend) is a sign he’s looking to decide in summer. Imo

1 Like

Don’t understand why they would stop recruiting Perry just because Getter left. Surely CTB has some kind of relationship with him and we are still UVA…same conference same facilities same academics

2 Likes

Did Bennett ever invest any time watching him play? From what I remember, it was mainly Getter.

I saw someone on Twitter wondering the same thing, why would UVa stop recruiting Perry for a 3 star (Bliss). I’d be willing to bet when all is said and done, Bliss will end up being the more coveted, highly rated of the two.

There’s a difference between stop recruiting a player and not investing your time in him. Subtle difference but still. The door is open. I’m sure they’d love for him to still visit. They’re just not that serious of a contender to actually get him. It was trending that way before Getter left. Now it’s just even a longer shot.

From Perry’s perspective, he has two junior year official visits left. He’s already been to the schools that it will likely come down to. Purdue Indiana Kentucky maybe Michigan.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s me but it felt like UVa was trending with Stevenson for a week or so. Then, he released the visit clips and at the time, it was a really nice feeling. After thinking about it, I still wonder if that was done more so to get UNC (mainly Davis) off their ass and pick up the pace. It seemed to have worked. I’ve pretty much stopped paying attention, feels like he will pop for UNC over the summer.

2 Likes

Classic 2010-style Jarin tweet, with substituting emojis for words in a very literal sense. I continue to love it. I mean I :heart: it.

5 Likes

Perhaps this is old news, but in an interview Perry gave after Getter left for Notre Dame, he said he was still in discussions with Virginia’s staff and was planning to visit. If I remember correctly, he said the talks were with Coach Bennett. Things may have changed, but it sounded as though he was still being pursued, and by Coach Bennett himself. Of course, anything I might post barely meets the standard of internet rumor.

4 Likes

First time for everything, I feel real good about this one.

2 Likes

No one should feel really good about this one, at best you could be pleasantly surprised if he came. Really just setting yourself up for disappointment otherwise.

10 Likes

Just sit back and be pleasantly surprised then, but if feel we win this one. But if understand what your saying.

Final On3 rankings, Elijah 38, Blake 67

Seems fairly consistent with 247 for them but a lot of variability with other guys (Reed top 30 here).

The NIL value is kinda distracting and doesn’t really make sense.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/ChristianBliss0/status/1655652085608636442

26 Likes

FINALLY.

5 Likes

I need him to reclassify.

Will Christian Bliss be the only 2024 recruit to receive a scholarship offer from UVA this week?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes