Starting QB

you are correct

1 Like

they had 4 QB’s in camp and they cut 1. Now Perk is battling for the backup spot with Wake’s former QB John Wolford.

4 Likes

Roger that. Wasn’t sure how many they started with.

So is 3 the usual number of QB’s to carry on a roster?

Believe most carry 3 with 1 usually not activated
on game day. A few teams may only use 2

2 Likes

Some also tend to stash a development guy on the practice squad… what I originally expected them to do with Perk but glad he seems set to make the final 53

8 Likes

Welp… rams cut him but McVay says they want/plan to bring him back on the practice squad. Honestly isn’t a terrible thing for Perk if he ends up on the practice squad.

2 Likes

That sucks but honestly landing on the practice squad is an impressive achievement nothing to be ashamed of there

4 Likes

Its nothing to be ashamed of but I’m definitely disappointed. I believe the Rams made a mistake. But I have faith that his play on the practice squad will shake some heads and roll some eyes

1 Like
5 Likes

Kurt Benkert was also signed by the Falcons to their practice squad as QB3.

5 Likes

Saw that he was cut yesterday glad he made the practice squad.

1 Like

You know I didn’t have any reservations that Brennan was going to win the job. Said so the day Thompson committed, as the word had circulated Bronco wanted a proven QB that could compete for the job and Brennan was okay with it.

Brennan has put in the work and that vibe was coming from his teammates during winter workouts. Brennan enrolled when the offense was being changed. With Bryce gone, only Anae, Beck and Stone are equal to Brennan’s knowledge of it. He becomes UVA’s first starting QB entering a 3rd year under Beck’s guidance, who has 2 successful QBs on his resume with two-year stints each. If Thompson could have walked in late June, having a playbook for 2 months, with a history of being a low percentage passer, despite his outstanding athleticism, and won the QB job, our offense would not enter the season on solid footing.

I expect Brennan to do well as the starter. He can make every throw and has the moxie to lead this team. If he stays within himself, not try to do too much, I like the possibilities of this offense with Brennan at the helm!

4 Likes

I think you’re right. I do like the way Armstrong throws the medium to long routes. Bryce missed a few too many of those for my liking last season. Being able to stretch the field vertically will be a big asset to the running game as well

2 Likes

Yes I have a lot of confidence in Brennan. I believe he is going to be a big time player for us. I also think we should involve Thompson in the offense. Strong and athletic he could be a good playmaker. I feel like they will

1 Like