Starting QB

Did anyone really think that B Armstrong would not be the starting QB?

2 Likes

I had questions going into the pre-season. Thought he could do it, but was worried because I only saw such limited bits of him, and then with Thompson coming in, I was wondering if the staff knew something was up.

1 Like

yea I see where you are coming from.

1 Like

I still have a hard time understanding Bronco and his staff decision making, so I’m a little skeptical with everything they do. When I saw a grad transfer QB coming in, and that guy plays similar to Bryce, it caught my attending.

Hearing you guys and a few others talk about the tempo and the way Armstrong handled himself in camp eased my fears. Especially after hearing how some of the players talked about Thompson. It was easy to read between the lines of who was going to start.

All about depth at the position. You never turn away talent that fits your program.

5 Likes

Last season was a prime example of why you need 2 good QBs that are healthy and ready to go in this offense.

5 Likes

No doubt. Totally makes sense. I know Bronco likes having that depth so they can be more aggressive with the QB on the move. That was an issue when Armstrong was hurt and no one could backup Bryce.

Do we see any change in the offense’s approach with Armstrong in the backfield? He looks like he throws a more accurate deep ball.

The way the game is called will be different with Armstrong at QB. That usually happens due to the difference of skill set with the player.

3 Likes

Do you look forward to us developing a good running game ? We haven’t had that threat recently but with all the experience at Oline and they played much better last part of the year I’m hoping we will. Hated to lose Mike Hollins though

4 Likes

I expect us to have a better running game due to the experienced line that we have.

5 Likes

What’s been your opinion on how they’ve deployed the running game in the past? What would you say their dentity is? Power option spread zone? I feel like they’ve tried all those in last 2 yrs

1 Like

Jordan Ellis ran for 1000 yards in this offense. As far as the running scheme, inside zones

1 Like

just have to have a better commitment

3 Likes

Appreciate the insight. Crazy how Jordan Ellis feels like it was a lifetime ago.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. I had almost forgot about him. Got a lot of his yards on his own…Tough as they come

2 Likes

My favorite Jordan Ellis stat from 2018…215 rushing attempts and only 11 yards lost on carries.

Wayne T. didn’t do too badly himself in 2019. He only lost 13 yards on carries but it was on 116 carries.

6 Likes

That’s a sick stat. Cannot overstate how much of a tough SOB you have to be to pull that off. Wayne T had a sneaky good season last year. Wish they actually rode him more.

1 Like

They probably will this year

3 Likes

Speaking of QB’s, I’m sure most have heard that it looks like Bryce Perkins has locked down the #3 QB position with the Rams. The Athletic’s Jourdan Rodrigue writes that with a normal preseason, the competition for the backup job would have been “really exciting.” Also Micah Kiser is set to start for the Rams.

6 Likes

I thought he got the back up job? Didn’t the Rams just cut a QB? I may have been reading it wrong

1 Like