Stith vs Brogdon vs Guy - Start, Bench, Cut

Starting a Start, Bench, Cut series here on the forum.

First up, we got UVa shooting guards Malcolm Brogdon vs Kyle Guy vs Bryant Stith.

I’m going start Brogdon, bench Stith, cut Guy.

What do y’all think?

1 Like

Start Malc at point, start Stith at SG, start KG at SF. Of course it’s Tony Bennett basketball so positions don’t really matter.
Seriously tho, Start Brogdon, bench Stith, does depend on the coach and play style tho.
Excited for the start of this series

3 Likes

Start Stith bench Malcolm and Guy is cut.

Tough call but Malcolm and Braybt are better all around players and I’d love to build a team around either

4 Likes

S: Brogs
B: Stith
C: KG
Kyle is #1 in my :orange_heart:

4 Likes

This exercise shows how good our shooting guards have been over the years if everyone is cutting the MOP!

4 Likes

No doubt it’s crazy to even think of cutting Kyle but, that’s a pretty elite group right there.

3 Likes

You guys know where I stand on this one I just dont wanna get “early 90s” again by @TUGARD

4 Likes

It’s okay we all love you because you’re living too much in 92.

And…

You’d be right this time. I like Stiths offense combined with his defense just ahead of what Malcolm brings, but I’d feel d@mn good bring Brogdon off the bench in relief

2 Likes

Brogdon did so much for those teams and in lot of different ways. Is tough comparison for me as Bryant got his down low a lot as well as that 15-17 foot automatic jumper. Brogdon elite defender while BNice was great defender as well in a slightly different system. Never thought about comparing them really but I like it. Probably much more similar as pros too.

3 Likes

I’m starting Stith, benching Guy, and cutting Brogdon (what am I, an idiot?!??).

This really is an abundance of riches to choose from, but I think Guy’s skill set is a great contrast to Bryant’s. I’d love to bring Guy’s offense off the bench when we need some scoring or spacing.

4 Likes

Hopefully happens in the NBA for Kyle coming off the bench when team needs buckets

5 Likes

No doubt I still believe he can find a spot in the league with his catch-and-shoot ability. Plus he’s been running a lot of point in the G-League and getting showoff/improve his handles.

My fear with him is the same that I have for Ty they are in two places that have a long history of failing to develop talent. You can toss Dre in that arena as well but at least Atl has some pieces to work with.

5 Likes

Good lord you making me cut Kyle Guy. Start Stith. Bench Brogs.

7 Likes

Yea, I’m not getting in on this because I refuse to bench any of these 3. These 3 are definitely in my top 10 of favorite UVA players. I’m gonna play all 3 of them,lol

3 Likes

Yeah, pass from me if I have to think about cutting any of these guys…

5 Likes

this is easy. Stith is basically Brogdon plus rebounding. As great as Guy was, he’s not close to those two.

S: Stith
B: Brogdon
C: Guy

4 Likes

Stith typically played the SF or 3 position at UVA, though.

1 Like

Start Stith…all time leading scorer at UVA says it all.

Bench Guy. Have to give him props for most clutch moments in UVA sports history.

Cut Malcolm. Love Brogdon but he wasn’t at his best in post season.

2 Likes