Streaming service

I’m in between cable companies. Is there a consensus as to the best streaming service for College and NBA games? I’ve seen a lot of talk in the past, who’s the best now?? Thanks!

3 Likes

Still a fan of YouTube TV + using HooVision’s wonderful Google Doc to stream for the MASN gaps.

6 Likes

I use YoutubeTV. The thing to keep in mind, is that - at last for me - sometimes it’s hard to find the games on ACCN and ACCNX searching on YoutubeTV, even though they have access to them. So I have to go WatchESPN, click on the game I want, it has me login with my YouTubeTV credentials, and then it works great. Maybe other people have a better workaround for that, but it works well enough.

Most of the college games I can’t get through YouTubeTV are the smaller school’s games on ESPN+, but we also have a Disney+ login that enables me to watch those (also through WatchESPN), so I’m set on that. But is a different subscription.

As for NBA games, I don’t know. I get the nationally televised ones on YouTubeTV, but of course the vast majority of games require League Pass or whatever it’s called.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of DirecTV Stream and have ESPN+ as part of the Disney bundle

1 Like

So I have ESPN+ thru the Dinsey+/Hulu. Baylor game is “not in my plan” (HooTV wonky so far for this one as well). Bear in mind NBATV and TNT are wants for NBA.

Any thoughts on adding the Hulu live instead of another stand alone?

1 Like

I have Sling orange plan with sports package. Its the cheapest of the streaming services. They do have TNT and NBA TV, as I watch a good amount of NBA as well.

1 Like

We’ve got NBA League Pass and love it. If I recall it was less than $150 for the season, and that was the prime package. With prime you don’t have commercials…you actually see what’s going on in the arena during breaks. Also with your fav team, you get their announcers all season long, no matter if it’s a home/away game.

For streaming we have Hulu + and get plenty of college games.

2 Likes

Sling is good with the sports package even though they had to raise their price $5 thanks to Disney/ESPN.

2 Likes

I have Hulu Live…with Disney and ESPN plus…get enough sports but oddly enough could not get our second game of the season…for sports that package seems to be just fine…although I have so much on demand access content that the rest of the non sports channels are not much use to me…

1 Like

Yes good point - I supplement YouTube TV with ESPN+ (which I get free via Verizon Wireless, which gives me the Disney+ bundle free). And then I fill any MASN gaps from there with HooTV.

2 Likes

Exact same here. Only issue for me is no Tennis Channel, which YouTube TV had when I signed on. I like tennis and ESPN and other networks don’t carry tennis anymore outside Australian, Wimbledon, and US Open.

But I can watch all kinds of golf on Golf Channel or individual groups through ESPN+.

After switching from Sling TV to YouTube TV, I am back to Sling TV Orange with the sports package this year. The deciding factor for me was ACCNX, which YouTube didn’t have last year. Also, in order to deal with RSN blackouts, I have discovered that NordVPN is invaluable. I’ve had it for years anyway, but changing vpn servers allows me to watch games which are otherwise blacked out. Also, for what it is worth, I am considering going to Sling TV Orange and Blue. That would add Big Ten games, but, more importantly, I would get four streams instead of one. That said, the Sling TV interface needs work.

3 Likes

Can someone repost a link to the Google Doc?

1 Like

For people who use US GO TV … it’s asking to sign up for Nord VPN to use now. Is that the case for y’all too? Am I missing something?

I used to be able to use it without anything, just the direct link.

1 Like

It changes from game to game, if I am not mistaken. Go to The Sabre on game days, and Hoo_TV will post a link to his streaming options. You can be added to his emailing list, too, and the link will be sent prior to each game.

2 Likes

Only a few channels like ESPN require Nord VPN. ACC Network still accessible for me.

2 Likes

Yep. It’s only when a game is on an RSN (Regional Sports Network) that I have found blackouts to be an issue. But when it’s an issue, it’s an issue, and routing the signal through a server on the other side of the country is a nice solution.

3 Likes