Taine Murray commits to Virginia!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFERPeRgHid/

22 Likes

1 down, 2 to go :eyes:

14 Likes

Should probably get someone to tell him that you spell Bennett with two T’s lol.

5 Likes

It’s been fun folks.

Im calling it a night

7 Likes

And now, we sleep!

3 Likes

Noice… now it’s time for crepes. :slight_smile:

4 Likes
18 Likes

Writing articles in the middle of the night… dedication @HoozGotNext… better ask @Merch for a raise!

6 Likes

“The Triple-T dream (Taine, Trevor, Trey) is one step closer to reality.” That’s fantastic, Mr. HGN. And, GO HOOS!!!

5 Likes

Did everyone go back to sleep? What is wrong with you all?

2 Likes

4 Likes

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

3 Likes

Some with access to the Maryland 247 board, please give us some of the good stuff. I want to see some quotes from disappointed terps.

9 Likes

Actually, most of their posts seem to be more resigned than disappointed. Or, if they’re disappointed, it is not so much with Murray’s recruitment but, rather, the state of their program. My favorites, and there have been several on this topic, (and, if it is not verbatim, it’s close) essentially go, “Remember when we laughed at Virginia for hiring Bennett?” There is some serious “Turge” dissatisfaction going on over there.

9 Likes

Gotta love the hype UVA gets in that TV segment in HGN’s article

4 Likes

Congrats to Taine! Its a happy morning for UVA fans! Been a slow year obviously with recruiting until now.

Im really curious what level of recruit Taine is. Any ideas on when the rankings will be updated on 247 since he is now committed.

Also, Im thinking he’s on par with Kyle Guy as far as recruit level. But I never watched Guys recruiting highlight reel. Curious if you guys also think this recruiting win is on the same level as #37 Guy.

4 Likes

Absolutely!

Nothing staves off the Sunday scaries quite like a basketball commitment. Welcome Murray!

4 Likes

I was surprised at how much they despise Turgeon. I mean I understand he’s not a great coach and his inability to win in the postseason must be infuriating, but they act as if he’s singlehandedly torpedoed their program. It’s not like they were lighting the world on fire before Williams retired.

2 Likes

Salute to those who stayed up for it, but terrific news to wake up to on a Sunday.

Seems Coach must have done a hell of a job down the stretch.

1 Like