Taine Murray commits to Virginia!

https://id-prospects.com/rankings/2002-rankings/

2 Likes

Why is it 2002 lmao

Wondering the same thing…

International prospects tend to be a little behind US players

DOB?

2 Likes

Birth year right. It’s usually how the rest of the world categorizes players.

6 Likes

Im more happy about Taine having a name I can pronounce. I dropped out of school in the fifth grade. But man o man, there are alot of crazy names on that list. I appreciate that more than Taine being ranked number 14.

4 Likes

My favorite name in the top 25 is Joshua Giddey (I’m assuming it’s pronounced Gid-day) from Australia.

3 Likes

I personally like Mojave King.

1 Like

UVA wanted Mohave at one time. I met him. I should say very interested in him. I cant remember if they offerred. But he really liked UVA. His aunt or Godmother is BEAUTIFUL.

5 Likes

Wiki page says we offered. Mojave King - Wikipedia

UVA contacted King and Josh Giddey after Williford saw them last July at the NBA Academy event in Atlatna. There were articles back then mentioning it. I think there was some real communication with Giddey for a while, not so much with King. Offers aren’t as much a thing with overseas guys. If you’re talking to them, they assume they’re being recruited. They don’t really get what goes on.

2 Likes

Mojave was in NY and shared his involvement with different schools and UVA was one of them. I did not get that from an article.Again, I do not remember if he said they offered. But yes, its a cool name.

2 Likes

Taine earns a 75th rank in ‘21 class according to 247Sports.

9 Likes
5 Likes

Bet u he moves up to around 50 by next summer. Wahoowa, Mr. Murray. – “Present!”

1 Like

There go that important word “DEVELOPMENT” coming up again.

1 Like

This kid gonna be great!

11 Likes

Yes, he is!

1 Like

Why his legs so dark and crooked? Even his right arm look weird tu me. Is it just me?