TBT Basketball Question

Ha i hear that brotha. Id love to go back to 05 Dragon.

2 Likes

Heres what I got: we had Akil, Darion, Sean, JR, Sammy Z, and Jerome Meyinsee originally. I think Isaiah woulda played too and we would’ve pushed for London and some other guys to play if things were normal

woulda been great to watch

6 Likes

That would have been a lot of fun!

1 Like

same thing I told TR

2 Likes

I agree. That has the makings of a great roster

i watched some yesterday. huge advantage having young dudes right outta college it seems to me

3 Likes

Yes, I would have loved to have seen them play. Might be tough playing the young guys but I sure would have enjoyed seeing them go at it

4 Likes

I’ve been watching all these games, loving it! Might start an Ot Elmore fan club. That 24 year old is inspiring to all us 40 something lookalikes. :rofl:

5 Likes

the thing I noticed first is the lack of spring on the plays at the rim. Is amazing how we get used to college and NBA guys matter of factly goin real high on plays

2 Likes

Branden Dawson is still a beast. Giving me tourney flashbacks.

3 Likes

lots of familiar names on this Clemson alumni team

1 Like

Tough. Whole team goes home with one positive test.

4 Likes

What are the rules on who can play? Any non NBA guys? I wonder if in a non Covid world Justin would have played.

3 Likes

great question and I do not know but my guess is if you are under NBA or G League contract you are not allowed by your employer or the TBT

2 Likes

I believe that’s the case because Gleague guys are under NBA type deals. Most TBT rosters are guys inbetween the g league and the nba or overseases based

3 Likes

The Ot Elmore post game chats might be the best part of TBT

2 Likes

hahahhaa. Thats great

man I’m ready for the Elam ending in college basketball now. Been some crazy finishes in this tourney. Hate that it’s almost over.

4 Likes

I was thinking about that today, because the ELAM ending is pretty awesome. But I was thinking of how it might impact UVA teams (if NCAA started doing it, hypothetically). Does it fit our style? Just curious what people’s thoughts are on this.

But man, I MISSED basketball and I have been watching all of these games. It’s been a lot of fun!

4 Likes

I think we would benefit but I dont really know.

Aside from the Wake Forest and Louisville comebacks, would you rather be down 12 but with no limit on time remaining but the ELAM is +8 so you have to outscore your opponent by 20 the rest of the way to win? Or would you rather be down 12 with 4 minutes to go and playing at the pace we do limiting the number of possesions we have? And would our opinion change if we were in the leading position in each of these scenarios (up 12)?

Of course there are hundreds of other different scenarios I didn’t bring up that could sway one either way as well.

2 Likes