TBT Basketball Question

Wasn’t there some chatter somewhere regarding some UVA Alums playing in this tournament? Or is this my sports deprived mind playing tricks on me?

Do you see it happening in a non-COVID type scenario? Perhaps overseas guys and such.

2 Likes

TBT starts tomorrow on ESPN.

5 Likes

Perfect, thanks!

3 Likes

Wish they could have done it but I’m pretty excited to have live basketball on tv again either way!

5 Likes

Ain’t that the truth. What time tomorrow?

3 Likes

First game at 3pm

https://thetournament.com/tbt-2020-schedule

5 Likes

Definitely.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m tired of Gunsmoke

4 Likes

Was really looking forward to see who the alumni team brought it. But think it was the right choice to hold off a year

2 Likes

Who do yall think should be our coach when the team is assembled? I told Thomas Rodgers we need Junior B at the helm… thoughts?

4 Likes

Great question. Heres one not sure if it’s possible with prior commitments but what about Jenny Boucek?

3 Likes

no brainer. great call with my girl JenB

3 Likes

Unpopular opinion, but I like the ELAM ending. More Exciting

3 Likes

Which guys had committed to play this year?

Me too. Wouldn’t want it in college or the NBA but love it for this tourney. Would like to see it used in AAU just to keep games on schedule.

3 Likes

I’m all-in on it, especially after how it worked out at the NBA All-Star Game this season. I like that it means that teams always play real basketball up to the end of games, and not free throw shooting contests. And while buzzer beaters are cool, they’re not common, and there’s still a lot of good pressure packed moments when both teams can win the game with their next shot.

2 Likes

man I am not enough in the know to know that. lemme find out. I volunteered. They didnt ask though…

5 Likes

Ok man, thanks

I need to reach out to the head of player personnel cause that’s an oversight

1 Like

ha. my man. if it was 2005 I could still go Dragon. ask the Bahia basquete league in Brasil about that!

2 Likes