Tennessee vs. Virginia, Sat, Sept 2, 2023, Noon EDT, TV: ABC - Official Thread

The last time we played at the titans stadium I was there to see UVa beat the Golden Gophers** and Marian Barber and Laurence Maroney.

Pretty sure we are undefeated there. Will that change this Saturday? Maybe, but I wouldn’t bet against history.

** obligatory “I loved the golden gophers, but I hated all the drawn out winters”

4 Likes

Does UVA cover +28?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

I’m withildomy answer until Friday

3 Likes

Somewhere, Twitter, maybe, I put together I think our best chance of covering.

Basically, we won’t score much on O and we won’t be able to stop them on D. But if the O can avoid turnovers and not get TOTALLY shut down, get a bunch of 30 yard drives that each eat ~3 minutes off the clock that’s a good start. Then if the D can avoid getting burned repeatedly deep, not stopping Tenn, just making them score via 8 minute drives, you shorten the game dramatically. Hold Tenn to FGs a few times and maybe it’s 37-10 or something.

Honestly, I think they destroy us, but I think the above scenario is at least plausible.

4 Likes

Shit. Down 21-0 already.

6 Likes

I agree. It’s also possible that last year for Tennessee was the exception, not the rule. But yeah, I agree with you more or less.

1 Like

The answer is no

What was the Arena 2 League slogan?

“Don’t Blink or you’ll miss Two Touchdowns”

Seems appropriate here… or for Brennan last year… but for the other team.

2 Likes

Hey everyone just wanted to let you know The Virginia Cavaliers are going to beat the Tennessee Volunteers in american football in Nashville on Saturday at noon

7 Likes

42-0. Think this one might be over.

3 Likes

I had a dream last night that we lost 30-4. I would actually find that hilarious so I now hope it happens.

9 Likes

Better than being ahead 21-0.

1 Like

Stewart Mandel of The Athletic picking Tennessee -28 in his picks article.

Predicts we will lose 52-20

3 Likes

Woohoo! That’s like 2 TDs and 2 FGs! Sounds like a win to me!

3 Likes

70-3.

2 Likes

Celebrate College Football GIF by University of Florida

6 Likes

I want to pooch punt down 70-3 so bad.

3 Likes

Be careful what you wish for

1 Like

They should be taking this dude to Nashville tomorrow to play old school free safety @BDragon @CavTex

6 Likes

Throw some pads on em!!!

5 Likes