The Basketball Tournament

8 Likes

Was texting about this earlier today with some friends. I love it!

2 Likes

Same. I have been wanting to see a UVA team in this for some time!

2 Likes

Yep I remember reading an article last year maybe and Akins mentioned being approached by the TBT about putting together a team and him along with Sammy were exploring the idea.

2 Likes

Congrats to those great former hoos but @DFresh11was snubbed

3 Likes

Again Ben!

3 Likes

But full rosters have not been announced! So who knows!

1 Like

What are the exact requirements for choosing who’s on the roster? Would it be cheating to put all 8 of our current NBA Hoos on the roster? Lol

1 Like

I don’t think there are any restrictions unless it comes from the contracts they have from their regular teams. Because I think some G-Leaguers player in there and obviously the bulk are overseas based.

1 Like

I’m dying to know who they’re filling out the roster with now. Need a couple big guards/wings.

2 Likes

If they look to the G League they should call @JusAnderson1. Nobody playing better than that man right now!

5 Likes

JA dropped a cool 50 last night. And from what I’ve seen of the TBT his game would translate extremely well.

3 Likes

50 LAST NIGHT!!!

2 Likes

Probably unlikely to get anyone with a current NBA contract into the tournament, though like BDragon is saying, I could see a G-League guy (or someone in between the G-League and Europe) and overseas guys will be the bulk of most rosters. The level of play was pretty high last year, and there were guys from elite European teams in the tournament, like Kyle Hines and Mike James from CSKA Moscow, and Nick Calathes from Panathinaikos. So perhaps it wouldn’t be out of the question for a guy like AG to play. The alumni teams will often supplement their alums with other overseas pros who might have a connection to the alums or the area, like Elgin Cook on Marquette’s team last season, so perhaps that happens with this team too.

2 Likes

Tristan Spurlock made it pretty far last year (transferred from UVA to UCF ~2010). Would be amazing to see the pack line in TBT :joy:

2 Likes

They should add Mustapha, AG, Tobey, Sylven, Nolte, Wilkins, Forbes and Diane.

1 Like

Just got a text, Mustapha is not playing ball anymore. I would sub in Nigel or Jason Cain.

1 Like

This is awesome!

1 Like
4 Likes

TBT is in DC July 31-August 2 for an expected prize of over $2 million

2 Likes