The Elliott Era begins

Starting a new thread to discuss Elliott, assistant coach hires, recruits coming and going, etc. To start off, who do we expect to stay and who will he hire?

One note to start. It’s ELLIOTT with 2 Ts!

UPDATE: It’s official.

8 Likes

Kevin Sumlin OC. Danny Rocco DC

But forreal Tajh Boyd as an assistant/positions coach and recruiting the 757 wouldn’t hurt as a starting point.

4 Likes

No wins. He’s a bum. I think he should be fired.

6 Likes

Does he move the needle if Hagans is already on staff? Think keeping Biscuit around has to be step 1 for TE.

2 Likes

Tajh Boyd has coached many positions. He has to be on our staff.

3 Likes

Yea I’m not arguing against the idea just curious for more information. If he’s a legit coach and not being hired for recruiting them take him regardless. But if he’s for recruiting specific purposes I’m just curious what he brings that Hagans doesn’t already get us in the 757.

2 Likes

Keep Beck, 2J and Hagans :raised_hands: look for an experienced DC

6 Likes

Here and henceforth, this Golden Age of UVA Sports shall be known as The Tony² Era.

12 Likes

There is almost no world in which Elliot doesn’t keep Hagans. If Hagans leaves it’s on his accord

9 Likes

Hey that’s my gimmick

1 Like

Based on 2J’s social media and his daughter’s it sounds like he really wants to stay.

I’m sure Hagans and probably Sintim would like to stay.

The other guys have been ghosts online except Beck’s wife and I can’t tell what they seem to want to do.

I like the idea of bringing in Boyd to coach RBs or WRs (if Hagans moves to QBs maybe). Double coverage of the 757 can’t hurt and kids there have actually seen him play in their lifetimes. Hagans has been away from the 757 for 20 years now. HS kids now weren’t alive when he beat FSU in 05.

8 Likes

Did I mention that I like Elliott’s college GPA?

2 Likes

Damn 2J clearly wants to stay. I’m not sure how accurate this is but I heard that TE zoomed with some of our current assistants last night. I assume that means 2j, beck and hagans

8 Likes

Keeping those 3 and hiring Dex as the DC is the dream. Though an experienced DC would be nice.

2 Likes

I think Elliot is going to aim higher with DC if he can or use his own connections to build his own staff.

Also I love 2J and in my mind it would be dope to keep him but at the same time he coaches oline more for that air raid system. Pretty sure we need more blocking action/downhill blocking with what TE ran at Clemson.

5 Likes
7 Likes

https://twitter.com/CoachReed314/status/1469396076285378568

6 Likes

The replies seem to indicate that the Mizzou fans want to keep him, so that’s good. A RB coach, co-OC, running game coordinator position might be good. Seems to be a good recruiter in Texas. Not sure if that helps us much. Maybe Beck is the other co-OC, passing game coordinator and play caller. Unless Elliott is planning on calling plays himself.

6 Likes

Hearing some positive news about several important players we hope to retain on offense.

Also sounds like Hagans is being retained. Title TBD and that’s the only coach I’ve heard about so far.

I’m optimistic that Tony Elliott may be able to hold together a pretty strong roster.

22 Likes

Luper and Cam Aiken as CO-OCs would be unreal, honestly.

2 Likes