The JWILLY Show is LIVE NOW on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter!

How are areas for improvement relayed to players?

Cav Futures is now the official NIL venue for UVA. To what extent does that affect recruiting and player retention? Do you have any interaction with them?

3 Likes

From the coaching staff’s perspective, how does the “testing the NBA waters” situation play out? How do you balance wanting Reece to play at the next level, but also wanting him to come back for his senior season? How do you plan for contingencies when the decision deadline isn’t until May?

7 Likes

Great question

How many new faces does he expect on next years roster?

I cackled at the dichotomy between these two questions

8 Likes

@Marktykobe Ask Williford how is he doing physically and mentally if you haven’t already. Crazy atmosphere as a coach in these times.

3 Likes

@Marktykobe How involved are the hoops alumni in the offseason development of the current players?

I.e. can Trey work on ball-handling with Ryan?

3 Likes

I did appreciate Fresh asking if we have visits lined up. He knows the audience.

10 Likes

Ha. Thats right

5 Likes

Almost slipped that Creighton volleyball player question in.

6 Likes

I just finished listening…

You know you are a true UVa fan if you had that pit in your stomach throughout the Furman game recap. I listened through it, but i didn’t like it. :confused:

10 Likes

Love the confidence J Willy showed in the program. You can hear it in his voice. He’s not backing down. Can tell the staff is tackling this new landscape as a challenge rather than feeling sorry for themselves about things being harder

9 Likes

Jay has always been crazy competetive and loyal

9 Likes

Lol yep- it’s hilarious how you and Mark try to get some tidbits from JWilly and he pretends like he doesn’t know about social media, and the transfer portal but he messed up…He let it slip that he tweets and looks at Twitter for recruiting and transfer news.

7 Likes

Ha. True

1 Like

Thanks @Spencer for getting both my questions in! @Marktykobe may need to start dinging J-Willy for “holistic” :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you for tuning in :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Technical foul Spence

9 Likes