The JWILLY Show is LIVE NOW on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter!

Obviously Traudt and Shed and coaching offer.
And when do new guys arrive?

3 Likes

New guys June 5. But still worth asking

1 Like

And I’d be willing to bet there won’t be much comment on the 2 kids or his coaching future. He may be asked, but I don’t blame him if he drops a “no comment” on any of it.

2 Likes

I am more interested in the process. We can find out what goes on: meetings and communications. Re recruiting. Do the kids disappear for the weekend to visit somewherr? Hahah

6 Likes

Can you give me one good reason not to jump off this bridge? Like Leon bond’s 3 pointer has really come along? Isaac mckneeley is really left handed and was just Fing around this year?

Should we lose all hope, or just most of it?

Why do we bother rooting for uva? Are we stupid, or mentally ill?

Have you ever driven in nova traffic? because it really sucks.

14 Likes

Now that he has a year against college competition, does J Willy see McKneely developing into more of a Brogdon/Hall type or a Harris/Guy type of player?

1 Like

He won’t be able to answer any of my questions.

7 Likes
  1. Are Carla and our program advocating for allowing a “four game redshirt rule” with the NCAA?
10 Likes
  1. Now that the season is over are you planning on taking any vacation trips to unwind?

2. Are there coaching training/clinics that coaches attend during the summer? What do these events include?

When the staff watches film do they do detailed film review on bench reactions/demeanor? because that’s how I knew in January a certain someone was transferring (joking)

2 Likes

I’d like to know a bit more about the day-to-day process as well.

Since the season is over, I’m guessing there are no more practices, so when/how is coach-player interaction occurring?

Are the coaches allowed to tell each player, “It’d be a good idea to work on X,Y, and Z in preparation for next year?”

Basically, I’m just curious about how the transition is handled from in-season practices to offseason workouts and communication with the team.

1 Like

How closely do you follow the other Virginia teams? Are you getting excited for the Lacrosse and Baseball teams? Women’s swimming NCAA champs!

1. How is Kihei doing?
  2. Any clear reason why we struggled to finish at the rim?
1 Like

What does the coaching staff self-evaluation process look like at the end of the season? What are the main things that he thinks the coaching staff needs to work on for next season, e.g. offensive approach, ball screen coverage, managing rotations?

How do they approach planning off-season skill development for the returning players? What’s the balance between getting guys ready for specific roles for next season and just generally trying to get them better at everything?

Can cite me as AQ if you ask any of these questions.

6 Likes

Let’s be blunt:
1.) Another 1st round loss was an embarrassment and the national media openly mocked us. The program is now labeled as “chokers”. If you take away the 2019 run, the program has a losing record in the NCAAT. How can the program adapt to have more success in the NCAAT specifically?
2.) Other schools/programs have recently made announcements to make a better/bigger commitment to NIL funds to attract better players. What is UVA doing on this front?

4 Likes

Are we misusing Shedrick based on his free throw accuracy? Should he be turning and facing up his man and shooting a 10-12 footer?

6 Likes

Are we agents of fate or merely beings of chance on this rock zooming through the void?

Will Dunn and Bond get their chances to play at the 3 moreso than the 4?

6 Likes

Where do you get your tips for transfer prospects?

Networking (referrals) [e.g. 25%]
Previous recruiting relationship [e.g. 25%]
Subscription Service(s) [e.g. 25%]
Online Tool(s) [e.g. 25%]

And can you give a percentage breakdown of each source [see above for an example]?

3 Likes