The JWILLY Show - Live feb 10

5 Likes

This gonna make it on podcast? I need it for my drives.

3 Likes

On the next podcast, can somebody ask Williford what the rationale is for taking Trey out when he got 2 fouls in the first half? It’s a coach’s rule-of-thumb that is just analytically not smart.

If it were Jay, I get it… but Trey has never fouled out of a game. Let him play with 2 knowing he’s not a risk to foul out.

1 Like

Also, how do we get Trey more shots? Only 3 3s last night

2 Likes

I suspect Trey will get a lot more shots next year. I agree it would be great for Trey to have more shots this year but he seems to be more used as a floor spacer this year. I would love to see him work on his attacking the basket game more…

2 Likes

Trey’s handle will continue to improve which will tremendously help his offensive game next year. Very impressed with his defensive development.

1 Like

Yes, better handle will unlock more shots, as well as being more comfortable running off screens and shooting. He’s more a standstill shooter right now, but next year he will need to take some of the shots Sam does flaring behind screens or coming off curls.

2 Likes

KenPom has a stat called 2 foul participation. Coach Bennett is among the most extreme at not playing guys with 2 fouls in the 1st half. Like 350/353 extreme.

I’m not sure I’ve ever heard him explain, but I theorize it’s because players tend to play looser defense to avoid that third foul and that’s unacceptable for Coach Bennett.

4 Likes

Three questions for Williford.

1. Has Jay Huff taken Trey Murphy under his wing in terms of being Carolina Natives overlooked by Duke?

2. Bryant Stith or Malcolm Brogdon? No cop out “Can’t compare players” excuse.

3. Weirdest recruitment you’ve ever been involved in?

5 Likes

UNC (for the two fouls question).

Also: At this point who would you say are the leaders of the team? Who is most vocal in practice?

And what were your thoughts in 2016 when Grayson Allen took those 4 steps to hit the game winner of Marial Shayok at Cameron Indoor? Did Grayson Allen Travel On Game-Winner vs. Virginia? | CampusInsiders - YouTube When there is such a huge missed call, is there ever follow up with the refs or do you just move on and talk about the things you had control over with the players?

1 Like

5 Hottest verses of all time

Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon

1 Like