šŸˆ This Week in ACC Football: Week 1 - 2026

Thursday, September 3, 2026 Football

Away Home Time Location Links
AkronAkron Wake ForestWake Forest 7:00 P.M. ET Winston-Salem, N.C. TV: ACC Network Stats Video
ColoradoColorado Georgia TechGeorgia Tech 8:00 P.M. ET Atlanta, Ga. TV: ESPN Video

Friday, September 4, 2026

Away Home Time Location Links
MiamiMiami StanfordStanford 9:00 P.M. ET Stanford, Calif. (Conf.) TV: ESPN Stats Video

Saturday, September 5, 2026

Away Home Time Location Links
New HampshireNew Hampshire SyracuseSyracuse 12:00 P.M. ET Syracuse, N.Y. TV: ACC Network Stats Video
Miami (OH)Miami (OH) PittPitt 12:30 P.M. ET Pittsburgh, Pa. TV: The CW Video
TulaneTulane DukeDuke 3:30 P.M. ET Durham, N.C. TV: ACC Network Stats Video
Boston CollegeBoston College CincinnatiCincinnati 3:30 P.M. ET Cincinnati, Ohio TV: FOX Stats Video
ClemsonClemson LSULSU 7:30 P.M. ET Baton Rouge, La. TV: ABC Stats Video
VMIVMI Virginia TechVirginia Tech 7:30 P.M. ET Blacksburg, Va. TV: ACC Network Stats Video
UCLAUCLA CaliforniaCalifornia 10:30 P.M. ET Berkeley, Calif. TV: ESPN Stats Video

Sunday, September 6, 2026

Away Home Time Location Links
LouisvilleLouisville MississippiMississippi 7:30 P.M. ET Nashville, Tenn. TV: ABC Radio: 93.9 The Ville / 970 WGTK

Monday, September 7, 2026

Away Home Time Location Links
SMUSMU Florida StateFlorida State 7:30 P.M. ET Tallahassee, Fla. (Conf.) TV: ESPN Stats Video

Which ACC teams lose and/or are upset in Week 1?

  • Boston College
  • California
  • Clemson
  • Duke
  • Florida State
  • Georgia Tech
  • Louisvillle
  • Miami
  • Pitt
  • SMU
  • Stanford
  • Syracuse
  • Virginia Tech
  • Wake Forest
0 voters

Oops… looks like i messed up abd Georgia Tech is not playing.

GT plays The flying Sanders on Thursday at Bobby Dodd.

Also VMI might be the Virginia school I hate the most behind VT

Edit now I need to make a list of Virginia schools I hate.

  1. Va Tech
  2. VMI
    2B JMU
  3. Hampton Sydney
  4. William and Mary, pick one you’re either William or Mary you can’t be both
  5. Mary Washington
  6. Richmond

Excluded because I refuse to recognize it as a school Liberty.

4 Likes

Yep… I just omitted it on accident. Appended to the top of the schedule in the first post now. Thanks!

1 Like

Am I alone in thinking this unit is hot dog shit?

https://x.com/therealdcunna/status/2094459537793167493?s=20

  • LT Justin Terry - Y3 - 6’5" 331 lbs - 57 career offensive snaps, all as a deep reserve at Ohio State last year.
  • LG Layth Ghannam - Y4 - 6’4" 315 lbs - 13 career starts (10 last year, 3 in 2024), all at VT under the prior staff.
  • C Kyle Altuner - Y3 - 6’3" 302 lbs - 12 game starter for the Hokies last year.
  • RG Montavious Cunningham - Y6 - 6’3" 315 lbs - 4 game starter last year, injury limited (unclear what the injury was, but seeming good to go this year).
  • RT Aidan Lynch - Y3 - 6’6" 320 lbs - 10 game starter for the Hokies last year.

So it’s young, but not quite problematically so, no 1st or 2nd years, and three and a half returning starters going into what should be growth years. Good size, and some continuity.

Bottom line, I’ve seen a lot worse. It shouldn’t be a weakness for them. Same OL coach as last year too (Matt Moore) so continuity there as well, though the OC is new (Ty Howle, from PSU) so we’ll have to see how well the new scheme suits what’s effectively last year’s OL.

3 Likes

no shot you dislike VMI! I’d accept VA Tech and JMU as top two most disliked!

Lexington, Va is growing as well!

liberty also had the best chow hall I have ever had when I was on a visit!

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think it’s that bad. The tackles are suspect but they should be solid in the middle and they have at least two solid depth pieces. Overall I think Franklin can have their offense pretty competitive. I think their defense should be awful.

1 Like

Oops - I didnt mean to flag this post. Cant unflag it.

1 Like

I was there for a week for Boys State and got consistently sick throughout the week cause of the cafe slop they served.

I legit hate VMI everything about it. When the coach came to recruit a young Dragon I legit laughed at him and said ā€œNot right now chief I’m in the zone.ā€

2 Likes

Do they still have Pattons stuffed horse in the basement? That was weird.

1 Like

I hear ya but I still just don’t buy that unit at all. Minimal depth too.

Terry has minimal experience. Cunningham has been really bad, Ghannam is meh, and Lynch was mediocre last year. Altuner is really solid though.

Definitely seen worse but I think it will hold them back over the course of the season especially if they have injuries. Grunk is not mobile

Thought the same on lack of QB mobility. It’s a serviceable OL but nothing special. Also no depth so any injury will be tough to overcome. Same is true for them in a lot of defensive positions which is why they are trying to bring in a late add in the secondary.

I have been looking for a new Top 25 but have not seen one yet. Is there not a ballot after week 0? Of course, I do not expect to see the Cavs in it considering the number of teams it would need to jump, almost none of which played, but would be interested to see what progress we made from our vote of 1 in the last poll.

1 Like

There is not… but here is an article that tries to rank after Week 0

Edit: Here is what you wanted however @Ahooiam1:

Top 5 Predicted Others Receiving Votes: Virginia, Arizona, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Auburn

1 Like

Yes it is, thanks. That is more upward movement than I expected.

1 Like

I was on my hoops visit and saw the ā€œrat lifeā€ and quickly said no lmao!

1 Like

For sure - my daughter attends there and my boys always ask to eat in the cafeteria every time we visit … really is tremendous…
#UnlimitedIcecreamandCookiesandCoffee

1 Like