Tony Bennett Ranked #1 Hire Since 2000 in this list

https://herosports.com/college-basketball/rankings-25-best-coaches-beard-bennett-self-calipari-ahah

10 Likes

I agree!

3 Likes

He really deserves it

1 Like

No doubt

Bronco and Tony ranked #4 duo here.

3 Likes

AGREED!

Agree with Bennett #1. But list seems really flawed as no Coach K in top 25. Really subjective and not merit based if exclude winningest coach of all time. But Wahoowa on Bennett rating.

1 Like

@WorldTraveler It’s based on college coaching hires since 2000… so Coach K isn’t even eligible. The title of the article mentions this criteria… and the post to be fair.

3 Likes

Finally read the list. I’ll never complain about CTB getting the love that he deserves. OVerall the list was solid. I would have thrown Sean Miller on the list as well especially for his days at X he took them on a run,

1 Like

Hmm that one’s a little tougher for me. To me the 2020 season is where Bronco is going to prove his value. He’s done a lot to rebuild a program that was dead on the ground. But Bryce Perkins deserves a lot of love. He erased a lot of errors and put the offense on his back last year. It will be interesting to see what the team looks like in 2020 now that it has to rebuild again and will likely look very different due to Armstrong being a different player.

4 Likes

Thanks for pointing the criteria out. I overlooked the criteria and jumped right to the rankings.

1 Like

See Tea Bee
#thankful

1 Like

Tony has been absolutely sensational as a head coach at both UVA & Wassu. But Jay Wright from my view currently has the edge over Tony of head coaches hired since 2000.

where you been KY?

3 Likes

Hey Bud!
Just been working like crazy , 7 days a week.
Definitely thankful that I am still working during these times.
I will try to not be a stranger now that I know I was missed in here.
thanks!!

5 Likes

Welcome back!

1 Like

Thanks!!