Tony's Biggest weakness as a coach is

Nah. I’m a real hater and never saw it out of respect ro Ralph and the Hoos.

4 Likes

Have watched it 30 times proly. Its an incredible one taking me back to age 12. But you a better man than me staying away

1 Like

Agreed, it was a tough Junior year of Higj school for me.
Getting back on topic Bennetts weakness is overall being slow to leave his comfort zone and adapt. Lots of coacges right now are trying to figure out this transfer/ portal thing. With constant roster turnover
Its going to be hard to continue a system style of play and B’s system is rigid. Im hoping he figures what works for him and somehow uses it as an advantage.

5 Likes

No doubt. and we know Jimmy V never lied once! (RIP)

And the overall administration with NIL etc. @Merch has some crazy stories as it relates to LRA

3 Likes

Game management and substitutions. Manufacturing easy buckets.

2 Likes

I agree with the overall consensus of this thread. CTB greatest weakness is his biggest strength. His rigidity and discipline. Helps create his culture but also hard to adjust and grow.

7 Likes

That was my favorite V story in the 30/30

1 Like

Go right at em moreso than run, I guess. Right, Panama City hoo?

1 Like

Whitt & Gannon were the best at reliving those stories.

1 Like

Derek Whitt can talk! we had him on pod last year for NC State pregame

4 Likes

We talk about needing more alphas on the team. Whitt seems like the definition of that as a teammate. Loved what he said about Jordan in college…why am I going to be afraid of this guy? I’m a senior and he’s a kid.

3 Likes

Exactly this. We need some dawgs who are leaders

6 Likes

Kihei is his greatest weakness

15 Likes

Thinking flexibility and adaptability are character flaws

1 Like

Lack of orange in the uni’s :sweat_smile:

Seriously that’s the only fault I see!

9 Likes

Playing with an edge and playing with urgency. We need fire. Also I hate walking the ball up the court for 10 seconds lol. We are already offensively challenged, no need to make it harder on ourselves.

6 Likes

Being able to play multiple ways on offense. This includes playing with more pace when it’s to our advantage. A better offense would improve the team and recruiting at the same time. What Tony could do better is acknowledge this at least a little. When teams take the 3 away anybody can hang with us and beat us. But we should be able to play other ways. Just my opinion.

7 Likes

I don’t need to watch it. I lived through it, man. That was my fourth year.

We had videotaped the game, and kept playing the tape over and over, because we were sure that it was wrong, that it couldn’t have ended that way, and that if we watched enough replays, the outcome would change and our nightmare would be over.

That’s why I don’t take anything for granted. I came to school the same year as Ralph and everyone was sure we’d win at least one championship. And Ralph was unbelievable. And the team was great. But you need a lot of things to break your way to win a title.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. We can debate “flaws” all we want – but “flaws” are subjective and often just means we would do something differently. The only things that are objective are results, and I’m very happy with the results, even with the disappointment this year.

3 Likes