Top NBA careers by uva alum

Feel like Crotty shoulda been on here.

5 Likes

Great list but Crot for sure gotta be on there. 11 years in the league.

2 Likes

Marc Iavaroni - in a career which included a starting role as a rookie on the 76ers’ 1983 NBA Championship team.

3 Likes

Who do you bump?

2 Likes

Sorry Rick. I gotta take Crotty over Coach here.

3 Likes

Yeah that was a tough call, I decided to cheat a little bit and include coaching for Carlisle. Crotty had a good career, but he lacked a stand out year that could’ve pushed him over the top. I’d put Crotty at 10b.

3 Likes

He was another one I was considering for that 10th spot, he could certainly be in there.

3 Likes

Makes sense. You get a Championship or 2 and tough to argue. Crotty had great season with Miami that year and played really well in that playoff. He still does TV games for the Heat as well. Rick always super motivated guy who worked on every facet of basketball (like Marc I) back in the summers with us in Cville.

3 Likes

I remember back in the day…checking the box score in the daily progress everyday for Utah and Denver to see how Crotty and Stith were doing… Crotty had it tough, considering he was backing up John Stockton. Not a ton of opportunity there…

3 Likes

I liked this list. I think that one of the guys from this draft class (Ty, Dre, Kyle) definitely have the potential to join this list, some day.

3 Likes