Transfer Portal

Theczar on the Sabre puts the over under on transfers at 2.5. He’s usually in the know

6 Likes

Saw that, but I took it as speculation more than inside info. Though it could be speculation based on inside info…

2 Likes

We absolutely were heavily involved with all of those players. Holmes we did cool on. Houstan we made his top 4 but the uncertainty of how long Murphy would be here was a hurdle. Glenn was one of only 3 people Tony visited in the fall and our entire 2022 class follows him on instagram for some reason so there was interest there.

Sochan they thought they had a really good chance with and I think was one of the first targets they were eyeing before he committed out of the blue to Baylor.

I’d prefer we go after a freshman or sophomore transfer big man to come in and play behind Shedrick to make sure Caffaro is no where near the rotation. He would slot right in behind Sheds Gardner and Traudt next year and then behind Sheds and Traudt after that. Unless he’s better than Sheds and or Gardner - like Tari Eason or Kessler or Laravia last year

If THECZAR speaks, it’s for real. I could easily see all three M’s heading out, I hope not, but I think it’s possible.

3 Likes

Really wonder where Igor is with the situation in europe being so close to home. Do he and his family feel like its better he stays far away or does such a thing drive him to go back to Poland or elsewhere in euro.

Gotta be real for him

9 Likes

Complicating things, his dad is now Polish national coach and FIBA Euro cup thing is in early September.

2 Likes

Heh had no idea Igors dad and I collect checks from the same employer.

Igors family and everything should be safe and good but the reality of a war near by is real. My Polish connections seemed concerned but not worried if that makes sense. I’ll know more when we connect this week.

5 Likes

Same employer? Now I’m curious. Polish government?

2 Likes

Be careful askin certain questions Haney… ha

6 Likes

Ah, got it. CIA. :joy:

3 Likes

Semi-joking. But the polish athletic commission. I’m a consultant for the polish national rugby team.

9 Likes

Very cool.

2 Likes

Small time but my first international coaching gig so pretty cool and my best friend is on staff so fun to work with him again

4 Likes

Combo package, Polish rugby kits with a Poca Dots tee.

4 Likes

If that 2.5 number is accurate, not sure we can assume it’s the 3M’s, although that is logical.

Can’t see any way Reece or Kadin leave.
Franklin & Gardner have already used their free transfer, so doubt it’s them.

After that you have Kihei, Stattman & Caffaro in addition to 3M. I could see Caffaro considering it if he graduates and it’s clear Shedrick will get more PT, and Traudt gets the backup minutes. Kihei is probably more likely to get an overseas pro contract or even return, but Stattman could consider a school on the west coast at a lower level than the ACC.

2 Likes

If Igor transfers it was a massive mistake taking him over another transfer that could’ve helped this year. I’m assuming he won’t due the original plan being him unlikely to get much PT this year

6 Likes

Igor has the strong connection to Isaiah Wilkins as well

6 Likes

I may be mis-remembering, but when Igor committed he wasn’t a hot recruit or anything. He was more a Wilkins discovery, right? Also, I seem to recall the early word after his commitment was that he was a bit of a project. The possibility of redshirting was even discussed?

This year is one of learning for Igor, I would think.

4 Likes

At the same time he turns 21 in August. So he may already be thinking pro routes in Europe and taking away any adjustments he was able to make training with the team this year. Idk though.

3 Likes