Transfer tracking

The important thing to remember is that most of the people survived Jurassic Park

Do you see any ACC players transferring to another ACC school?

Not a total surpriseā€” Brakefields playing time and effectiveness seem to decline a lot in the latter part of Dukeā€™s season. Really tough competition coming in to Duke next year too.

Some players donā€™t care if they stay in conference. Former high profile recruit at Duke or UNC =less likely. Itā€™s just an added hassle, knowing youā€™ll deal with facing them and hateful fansā€¦ Young disappointing player=wants a fresh start. Player thatā€™s done well but his coach left=doesnā€™t matter. Just human nature stuff, and doesnā€™t apply to everyone obviously.

2 Likes

I thought that might play a role. If we got any of Duke and UNCā€™s players I could see them really catching it real bad at Chapel Hill and Durham. Of course K might retire, lol

HGN nailed it lol

4 Likes

Trey came for the exact reason that Dreā€™ was mentioned as a player and how high he was picked. Corey Kispert of Gonzaga mentions his comp as Joe Harris specifically. And we are trying to sell combo guards as a Malcolm Brogdon redux, so itā€™s early but we see the benefit of those guys in the league. Mamadi will also be a good comp because he was 1st team all Gleague, plus the shot, and the fact that we can find a ton of NBA players that already like him.

2 Likes

Really? Well, Ole Miss would be far better than Duke in one other very important way, too, but I canā€™t say that anymoreā€¦

2 Likes

Slater is reporting a possible mass exodus from UNC and Michigan State. Wow!

1 Like

And othersā€¦ careful.

2 Likes

There would only be a few transfers that absolutely blind sighted me

Edit: also absolutely wild that Keels is willing to commit with all this roster uncertainty

5 Likes

Things could get dicey for Keels!

3 Likes

Yeah, I see what he was thinking but he might have chosen the exact wrong time.

With Keels, I donā€™t think he is worried no matter where he goes. Heā€™s good enough to get major minutes anywhere.

1 Like

Iā€™m not so sure. Thereā€™s some really good players available in the portal. Itā€™s the bird in hand situation.

More MSU exodusā€¦

Brakefield would be a fantastic addition!

1 Like

Most are going to just notice that we arenā€™t mentioned prominently. However, keep in mind that we had been eliminated at this point due to our recommendation to reclassify for developmental purposes, which he chose not to. Read this article and tell me that Kessler isnā€™t a fit. Just maybe the family realizes that now. We did receive an official visit.

Canā€™t see him going anywhere but to play for his dad. Surprised he didnā€™t go earlier.

1 Like

Its been hinted heā€™s going to Ole Miss.