Transfer tracking

This has all the tells of a transfer recruitment that was predetermined. Which most are but his is staying on that track so far.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1376222969035362305

1 Like

Can you elaborate? If it’s predetermined why is he messing around taking zooming with so many schools?

Hearing schools out but it’s rushed. More giving them a chance to change his mind than making a decision. Not a shot at him. He’s just being somewhat transparent about it compared to others.

2 Likes

Thoughts on which is more pressing now that Morsell is gone? I would have said an experienced big prior, but now a two guard might be even more urgent.

1 Like

For Felder’s destination, I’d personally take bets on Clemson versus the field at this point. He’s from South Carolina and has a prior relationship with Brownell, who offered him out of high school.

Not on Locke’s initial list of contacts

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1376238258884075525

1 Like

Thanks. Thoughts on why we didn’t press more for Felder since he seemed to check a lot of boxes?

Well obviously because Keels is coming, seriously that’s a bit surprising as Locke was the highest rated shooter coming off screens in cbb

2 Likes

I wonder with these transfer CG/SG contacts, if we are going to have an uphill pitch bc we can’t guarantee a starting slot. Unless the coaches are discussing roster plans for next year in detail, the KC/Reece starting combo may hinder these conversations?

Not over yet. Just saying I think he has probably a couple schools he’s very serious about and everybody else has an uphill battle. Transfer recruiting is like the old iceberg saying. Most of the activity isn’t seen, or in this case done prior to being seen.

2 Likes

Not so sure about that. Pretty sure CTB doesn’t have to tell Grady he may or may not start. I’m sure these guys do their research. If Grady or the like wanted to come we’d park one of those guys on the bench.

1 Like

If they get the type of guard they want, he’ll be in the starting lineup next year. Easily.

6 Likes

Oh man. This might turn out great, who knows. But Indiana fan forums will be fun reading. Total meltdown.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1376252045670424576

5 Likes

Who the F is Mike Woodson?

4 Likes

Huh. Don’t always see the veteran NBA guys moving to college coaching, but I guess it does happen.

2 Likes


Lol I love Wikipedia

5 Likes

Ah yea my bad. My mind was in college ranks of coaches ex Brad Stevens

2 Likes

I wasn’t being snarky haha, read the paragraph! IU fans already got to it and are making edits lol

3 Likes

I didn’t realize that Woodson was 63 years old. I wonder how many coaches turned Indiana down for them to get to this point?

3 Likes

Lol. Id put the o/u at 5