🌎 Travel Discussion

Only question I have about Portugal is visiting this time of year? Then again, not like it’s cool in NYC or CVille right now

2 Likes

My girlfriend was just there and said it was insanely hot.

But look, if someone is buying me a trip to Portugal any time of year, I’m not turning it down. Port, Albariño, Garnaxta for days.

4 Likes

We were there in March. Lisbon, Nazare, and Porto. Great trip and the food and wine were good, cheap, and plentiful.

2 Likes

There is a 2-Star Navy Rear Admiral that is stationed in downtown Lisbon. The position is the US military attache to the Iberian Peninsula…

My 4th year roommate’s father was in this position and when I spoke to him about it, he told me it was the best job in the Navy.

El Bigote is a famous shrimp restaurant in the Faro region… and the Azores, where Lajes Field (US Air Force) is located, is a hidden gem of a location for pristine beaches and very few people. Almost bought property there about 10 years ago because it was so cheap.

10 Likes

One of the best trips I’ve ever taken was to Portugal. I still dream about the stuffed stone crab at Cervejaria Ramiro in Lisbon.

4 Likes

My dad flew through the Azores pretty regularly back in the day. One of his favorite places.

2 Likes

@GulfCoastHoo here you go… opened up an old thread

2 Likes

Summer travel season is just around the corner where y’all going? Bet none of y’all can beat my upcoming trip to Columbus Ga

4 Likes

Burlington VT + Montreal. Never been to either!

5 Likes

Great summertime spots. They can keep their winters

1 Like

Topsail Island for a week in July, long weekend in Boston in August, and two weeks in Northern Spain (San Sebastian, Bilbao, Santander) in October.

3 Likes

I used to go to Burlington a lot for work (5 or 6 times a year). On one January trip, the cab driver who picked me up at the airport offered to drive me around on Lake Champlain before dropping me off at my hotel. I politely declined. I can think of few dumber ways to die than drowning in the back of a cab that’s fallen through the ice on a frozen lake.

4 Likes

Pro move

2 Likes

No travel this summer. Just working in DC.

3 Likes

Firm or Feds?

3 Likes

Nothing too impressive over the summer. Son & I took a Vegas trip a few weeks back, and heading to San Antonio in October to visit some friends from my Air Force days…wife has never been. Only thing upcoming is a couple of days in Atlanta to check out a Braves game.

From the Canadian discussion from the other thread…for those who have been, how similar is Vancouver to the major PNW US cities? Haven’t been, but thought about visiting.

2 Likes

Headed back to the motherland in June, right after my daughter’s HS graduation…3 weeks in Seoul mostly. Will do small trips to Busan and Tokyo while in that side of the world. I haven’t been back to Korea since 1989, so I’m very excited…

12 Likes

Careful on your bikes

1 Like