Trey Murphy chooses Virginia!

@JoeBoxley’s and my profile on him for IG

10 Likes

Trey Murphy is supposed to be on IG live tonight with this guy at 9pm eastern.

https://twitter.com/jeremyshapiro42/status/1250929814023753728

3 Likes

More Trey Murphy highlights

6 Likes

Its really looking like we picked up a good one…and when we finally get to see him again he will have a whole extra year of practice behind him. Hauser, and then this guy?! We are on a transfer recruiting streak.

4 Likes

Don’t forget about Braxton, and Nigel Johnson was a nice pickup the yr before.

7 Likes

I know the comp he was playing against, but man does Trey look like a bucket getter…

8 Likes

A year to bulk up and learn the defense should make him that much better

3 Likes

If he bulks up over the next year, has a super 21-22 season - would it be possible he’d bolt? Could be similar to Dre at that point …

1 Like

I think Trey will likely play for two years, not because he won’t be good enough to male the leap after 1, but because the surrounding roster may mask some of his talent.

By then it will be year two of JAR (assuming he stays two+ years)/ Reece/ McCorckle, as well as a senior Kihei/Stattmann, Junior Casey/McKoy/Caffaro, and Sophomore Shedrick. After a year getting acclimated, I think the 2020 guys will be ready to take a lot more shots, similar to how we saw Jerome and Guy blow up in their sophomore years. Those guys- alongside Casey and Kihei- make for a lot of shot attempts in guard heavy system.

I think Trey will see plenty of playing time, and he has obvious talent, but I think he may need to wait for Kihei to graduate and JAR to potentially go to the NBA to get the volume to make his own move to the NBA. But what do I know, I think it would be awesome for him and the program both if he comes in and kills it in orange and blue then bounces to the NBA!

4 Likes

Can’t disagree Joe - but I’ll add two thoughts - I think aone of the players you reference won’t be there year after next. Also - once eligible - I think you will see Trey and JAR on the court at the same time with Clark / Morsell / Beekman / McCorckle / Keels (crowded heh?) , and a big (Caffaro, Shedrick, Reid?!!) Take that back about one player not being here - there are a lot of names, and we know CTB likes to play 8-9, so we might see even more attrition, especially if Keels and Reid come on board.

5 Likes

Willy on the Zoom call with media today

6 Likes