Trey Murphy chooses Virginia!

6’8 kid that can really shoot it. A lot of potential to develop the rest of his game. He’s gonna be Mike Curtis’s best friend for this next year. Will red-shirt then have two years left.

https://stockrisers.com/2020/04/13/breaking-rice-transfer-trey-murphy-chooses-virginia/

16 Likes

LETTTTSSSS GOOOOOOO

3 Likes

Seems like a great fit. Love that you can bank on him being able to shoot it at this level. Hopefully some time in the Curtis machine and the coaching staff skill-development program unlocks his defensive potential and on-ball skills. Interesting that he is mentioning coming off pindowns in one of the interviews, seems like he sees himself as a mover in terms of UVA’s offense. Depends on how he develops, but I could see him toggling between mover and blocker in the offenses. Perhaps he will get used exactly like Hauser will get used next season (maybe the lower-usage version of Hauser).

7 Likes

Bingo! Made perfect sense.

3 Likes

Hopefully Trey can be one the success stories

6 Likes

ohhhh yaaaa!

3 Likes

OMG! This is great great news. Cannot wait to see him on the court in a Hoo’s uni.

1 Like
11 Likes

Very quick. Well done

3 Likes

Just wanna say thanks to all of you that visit us here on LRA, especially the regulars that keep conversations flowing. This was the most single day traffic we’ve had on the forum since I’ve been here, by a wide margin.

21 Likes

Late night drop by Hootie. Great quotes from Murphy.

11 Likes

Any thoughts on how this commitment might affect the ‘21 recruiting class as of now?

1 Like

Very little. Just makes someone like DaRon Holmes optional. 3rd spot could be used on several types of players now, still including Holmes. No urgent needs besides a big man and a guard, the Reid/Keels spots.

4 Likes

LOVE this interesting stat on Murphy.

“Murphy was one of only two players in the country last season, 6-8 or taller, who made at least 75 3-point field goals and averaged at least 5 rebounds per game.”

He truly is unique with a 7’1" wingspan with a good shot. Could really fill in a large radius of space in the pack line clogging things up, and still not sacrifice any offense with his good long range shot.

4 Likes
7 Likes

I’m pretty high on Daron and I really hope we still get him. I dont know how he feels but his parents love UVA,especially his Dad. Do you think Tony has been in touch with him since Murphy committed?

1 Like

Really like Trey already. Seems like a great fit.

1 Like

Don’t know but it won’t change anything. They’ll stay after him. I expect they’ll have problems getting him mainly because of the distance, and also because I don’t think he’s even thinking about college choices right now. He’s looking at prep schools for next year.

1 Like

Still excited about Trey Murphy’s commitment! Welcome aboard young man. Wahoowa!!

3 Likes

Trey’s paperwork is in.

3 Likes