Trilly Twitter

https://x.com/trillydonovan/status/1759756284704801057?s=20

2 Likes

“Bombshell” lmaooooo. Is this not in line with all of our expectations?

1 Like

Yeah not really a bombshell. Even Tony telling McKneely he wouldn’t retire until he graduates (supposedly).

Abdur-Rahim (the USF coach not Jabri lol)
Otzelberger
Odom
Lamont Paris
Kyle Smith
Kim English
The Texas Tech coach (least likely, a Texas Native and oil money).
Bob Richie

1 Like

I’ve never heard “business years” before

4 Likes

Throw the kitchen sink and all the monies at Bennett-connected TJ Otzelberger and Niko Medved. Any leap of faith assistant hires or young coaches known for their recruiting chops are going to knee-cap the program. That stuff doesn’t work at UVa. We need a team builder, and a great Xs and Os coach. TJO may be the best out there. Hopefully CTB is on board selling UVa to one of his hotshot friends, as obviously he deserves a large say in the succession plan.

1 Like

If you play 35 days a year, wouldn’t a business year be 10 years?

3 Likes

Is UVA a better job than Iowa state? Honest question

Probably depends how the conference realignment shakes out

1 Like

Yes. Money (its there whether Tony wants to use it or not), Facilities. DMV, North Carolina, Philly, NJ/NYC, and Midwest basketball recruiting grounds which are very fertile all a car drive away. ACC/B1G/SEC (wherever we end up) in Power 2 > Big12.

3 Likes

Far more recent success and Ames isn’t Charlottesville. So yes, but thr question isn’t ISU vs UVa, it’s UVa vs any number of schools that would covet him. We’d need a serious assist/sales job by CTB, and we’d need to get seriously lucky with timing.

Isn’t Otz an Iowa State alum? Don’t think he’s leaving unless it’s for a legit top 10 job

Edit: never mind. He played D3 ball. Just was previously at assistant at Iowa State. Ignore me and carry on

Nah he went to college in Wisconsin I’m pretty sure.

He was an assistant for Iowa St. in the mid 2000’s though.

His wife is also in the Iowa State hall of fame

1 Like

Seems like more of a Trilly speculation than solid sourcing. See: his take on our NIL. Very prone to narrative stuff.

Can’t imagine someone had the info to even leak a 2-3 year timeframe. Plays it close to the vest.

Wouldn’t surprise me, but also not something I’m putting credence in until HGN sets the record.

1 Like

I know this happens but I don’t like it. And he picked all 47 of our assistant coaches. Not saying it’d be any of them but which one of them would you want to be his successor?

Me either.

1 Like

A couple more years is when you start to enter the year by year questionable return window for TB. I don’t think that’s news to anybody here. Doesn’t mean he’ll definitely be gone in three years or anything though…just when it starts to become an annual review of whether he has a team he wants to coach bad enough.

I’m a Trilly fan in general…but this is why people around the game hate him and similar accounts. It’s one thing to talk about on a fan message board but another to blast like that from his platform. Damages recruiting.

15 Likes

Trilly thought we had a real shot at Kon … doesn’t have a good UVa track record ha

3 Likes

he overstates or just straight misrepresents the case in the two uva instances: NIL approach and this thing with Tony.

Certainly makes for a good discord channel and folks will pay him money. So kudos to him for that.

1 Like

Duke’s insiders did, too. The official hoops account’s “Too soon” tweet to Trilly surprised everyone but the random Wisconsin women’s volleyball fan poster.

1 Like

Change the thread title. Sheesh

5 Likes