UNC preview and game thread

Decent start defensively but I just worry about what aluma did to us happening again.

1 Like

It may be freezing outside, but itā€™sā€¦ no, never mind.

2 Likes

So many empty calories on offense. A lot of non-aggressive drives, then resets. A lot of passes just to pass. A lot of standing around.

And a lot of desperate shots late in the clock.

1 Like

More high ball screen please. UNC hasnā€™t gotten the sag off Kihei message, so thereā€™s some stuff open as they tag to stop the roller.

4 Likes

Yeah much better start defensively. Offense has me thinking this is going to be a live by the 3/die by the three/ me ranting at half time ā€œDoes the team know they can take non threepointers?ā€ game

I used to make fun of the weave because it was just pointless passing around the perimeter, and I know part of the mover blocker is to wear the opponent out through screens, but I hate these passes with no intent between kihei and reece after they come off a screen

3 Likes

Yup mover blocker is blegh right now esp with this lineup. That kick out to Trey should be open all day

2 Likes

We did ball screen once and wegot Murphy that open look. More of that.

Sides till I die!!!

1 Like

Issue is that in this lineup Sam is the only threat as a mover in sides rn

1 Like

I think the only reason they are running sides is to make a UNC big chase around screens, which is awkward for them.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to stay not optimistic.

2 Likes

So far UNC is missing bunnies and their defense is the best defense for our offense to feast. As others have said, UNC didnā€™t get the sag off kihei/reece Memo. So this should be a fun night knocks on wood

2 Likes

I think Iā€™d rather stay small. Make Kessler show that he can punish a smaller defender while chasing on the other end.

You were never up at 3am the night before a night gameā€¦

2 Likes

It moved.

LOT of foulsā€¦

CAROLINA REFS!

1 Like

Wait, vpi wonā€™t play Carolina after we play them?

Interesting lineup we have out there

Apparently itā€™s Vpi what has issues

1 Like